or Connect

Posts by IrishMa

Quote: Originally Posted by wombatclay But I also agree with a mama who posted pages and pages ago... she said that a certain amount of vaginal/cervical/rectal change following birth really is normal. It's just the price we pay for walking upright against gravity and birthing kiddos with big brains/heads. Some change is to be expected and it's only when that change has a negative impact on your life that it becomes a "problem". So prolapse is really...
Quote: Originally Posted by Spy Russian here. Don't ask. Possible, yes, and legally exemptions are acceptable, but not easy to actually do it sometimes. A lot depends on who you are and who you're talking to. Thanks for the reply, Spy! you've reminded me of an unfortunate and very reali$tic observation. I'm sure I'm in the same boat as plenty out there though, whenever I see his bright little smile, I'm ready to fight anyone! : You...
Quote: Originally Posted by veryerin Irishma - I'll let you know if I find an exercise routine that doesn't interfere. I am going to go back to my yoga studio, I think that will probably be more helpful than anything. As for travelling, your babe will be older than mine (which = more challenge, but more fun too!). The best advice I can give is to not worry about schedules or bedtimes or anything and just go with the flow. And my babyhawk was my best...
Hello, Yes, I don't think that it is illegal but you could make a case for Informed Consent, perhaps...I posted this on another thread but depending on where you are, a naturopath/homeopath might be a good option for you. The AANP has database of practitioners by geographic region but otherwise, yeah..don't do well baby visits and avoid the headache altogether!
Quote: Originally Posted by bureaumm Ok so I have not vax'd my 7 month old DS and don't plan on anything till 2 years. At that time my ped and I will come up with a schedule. My DH was fine with this but he was reading our Dr. Sears vacine book and said I think we should get DTaP and HIB. We live in the city but DS is not in day care... Please give me the reasons not to do these!! I know I had a ton of reason's but right now I am drawing blanks and need...
Quote: Originally Posted by veryerin You know I totally have the aching thing going on. I also get pretty sharp pains in my pelvic region. I can't stand on one foot after working out (like to tie my shoe or take off clothes) without having serious pain around my hips and pubic bone. I had spd while pregnant and I feel like my pain might be more related to that, but who knows. I just returned home after almost 4 months of travelling around New Zealand...
That is really interesting to hear, thanks for the head's up! It's something I wouldn't have thought of until the situation presented itself. Especially good because we have plans to try for a second baby and most likely I will be somewhere in Europe. Do any multipara have any info/opinions/experience on getting Rhogam vs. not getting it even if you are Rh neg? I got it with this pregnancy, we were so focused on him not getting any shots after he was born that we...
I'm not good with the multiple quote thing so I just have to type it myself.. Anyway, CKM, perhaps that is what is going on..just still healing. The ache does seem to be getting better in miniscule amounts as the weeks pass but for a while there, it was like I had had a c/s, this band of pain went straight across my lower tummy. I know we can all agree my doc got her degree on sale from Sears but can you believe she tried to tell me it was just gas??? To add insult to...
Wow, thanks Gitti! And thank you everyone else for sharing their info. I'm so relieved to hear this and it was much appreciated.
I wanted to know if anyone has any experience with a dull ache in the lower tummy region after exercising or standing for too long? I'm a little worried because I have to return to work next week and that requires standing and running around for 12 hour shifts. I don't know how I am going to make it because I go for a walk on the treadmill or ride the bike for 30 minutes and I get very achy. I have to sit or lie down for a few hours before it starts to subside. Does it get...