or Connect

Posts by RebeccaWo

My DD loves her Baby Stella
Just joined the AP meetup group! We moved to Oakland last month from Santa Cruz and are loving it.
How about hiring a mother's helper or something similar? My DH also works/commutes 10-12 hours a day, it's rough for both of us. I try not to play the "who has it the worst" game because I easily slip into martyr-mode. Right now, I'm lucky in that I only have 1 19-month DD who can entertain herself and also has a 2-hour nap everyday. I take care of all the household duties and have no problem with that. I also have a mother's helper who comes 2-3 days a week for 2-3...
I would get beds for the kids and schedule an "interview" type appt. with a ped. or two. I would also file a restraining order against your MIL and FIL. Seriously. I would also ask my/your mother to do the same. I mean, she tracked your mother down at work? Plus, it's at least a paper trail to show you have your own concerns about MIL/FIL. Essentially, I would do whatever I needed to do to protect my family. As for the cleanliness of your house, so long as nothing is...
Thank you so much, cristeen and SparklingGemini! Looks like Bayside will be a perfect fit for us. The Oakland office is 5 minutes from our new place. I called to check about insurance and the receptionist couldn't have been any nicer. Thanks again!
Playsilks are great and have always been a favorite for my DD, from infant until now at 18mo. Also blocks... or things that make noise, like shakers or clappers.
I guess I need to start writing all of DD's words down in an Excel spreadsheet or something. I have no clue how many words she says, maybe 50. No discernible phrases and definitely no full sentences. But, she babbles all day long and her verbal skills seem to be on par.
We're moving to the Glenview area of Oakland in a month, relocating from Santa Cruz for DH's job. We absolutely love our current pediatrician and want to be sure to find a good fit in Oakland. Can anyone recommend a good pediatrician in the Oakland area? UPDATE 8/19/2010: Just had our first "real" visit at Bayside Pediatrics. DD had what we thought might have been a seizure (turns out she was probably just dizzy, but we certainly were freaked out) at the playground,...
What was your daughter's reaction to the comments? I think that for most people, when at a big awards ceremony with folks dressed to the nines, it's just 'what you say', ya know? One night of hearing "you're beautiful" will not affect your lifetime of telling her that she's beautiful because of what's on the inside.
I'm so sorry you're going through so much. I just wanted to mention that it can take 6-8 weeks for antidepressants to 'kick in'. If you feel like it really isn't working, talk to your psychiatrist and ask to be switched to a different antidepressant. You owe it to yourself to find something that works for you! Also, have you talked to your doctor about any of this? There could be something else going on (thyroid issue, fatigue, etc.) that could be easily remedied...