or Connect

Posts by tennisdude23

I think it's a good statement. I only did a quick skim but from what I read, it looked pretty decent. It was nice that they mentioned human rights, ethics, etc, and honestly, from a large, politically correct organization such as this, I don't expect much more. Interestingly, this statement is much more valid in the U.S. than in Australia, where the circumcision rate is under 10%.
Quote: Originally Posted by WifeofAnt I really don't think it matters what the rate is in the immediate area. People aren't trees and many don't stay in the same neighborhood they were born in. Plus unless you live in a naturist/nudist society its not like everyone is going around checking out other people's genitals (and I doubt even naturists/nudists dedicate too much time to it). Unless they plan on discussing it with other people or changing...
How about who cares what other people do, as medical decisions should not be based on what the current aesthetic trend is. It's not as if you are putting the penis on display!
Thanks for posting this. This must be one of the best articles that I have read to date on MGM/FGM. It always amazes me how works of high caliber get so little attention while mindless stories make all the headlines.
Quote: Originally Posted by 2lilsweetfoxes I think that is something to consider. However, many hospitals have a certain time slot in which all circumcisions are performed in the neonate wing. So, they want as many boys as possible to make it "worth their while". Yes, this addresses the issue of efficiency, but "time is money" as they say and I would argue that as more time is allocated to circumcisions, the less time there is for other...
Quote: Originally Posted by Crunchy Frog Yulia, I had exactly the same thought while I was reading this. What would be the difficulty of simply putting an extra card on the bassinet, or an extra bracelet of a particular color on the baby indicating he was not to be circed. That way the nurse or doctor would only have to glance at the baby, know that he wasn't to be circed, and just not bother anyone. And kate3, I'm sure they are a big inconvenience...
Quote: Originally Posted by Night_Nurse I like the article! I'm glad you wrote it. My only problem is that I don't believe for one minute that the US rates of circ are down to 33%. The map that shows what each state's circ rate is, I don't believe that either. My state (TX) supposedly has a 49-50% rate. I've never seen that at any hospital in my state. Yes, circ rates are dropping, but not that much. I don't know what the CDC is trying to spin with...
Quote: Originally Posted by vachi73 Believe me, I am as much a conspiracy theorist as the next person, but in this case, I don't think there was any direct intent to (a) release the numbers to the greater public, nor (b) skew them in a specific direction for a specific purpose. Would someone clarify for me the difference between the 32-ish% circ rate reported for a single year and the 43% circ rate reported elsewhere? I know there are two sources, but...
Quote: Originally Posted by nainai0585 My OB does do them but it is not covered at all. The parent(s) must pay up front to have it done. When my oldest ds was circ. 5 yrs ago I had to pay the OB $100 cash in the room (I stayed for the entire circ. process) and another $100 to the hospital. This time around when ds #2 is born (I'm just about 41 weeks now) I have to give the OB $163 up front and $113 to the hospital. This is all in Canadian funds. I...
Quote: Originally Posted by Crunchy Frog There must be some intact condom use guidelines from European countries. I mean I've heard that they're more apt to use condoms than Americans and that would be consistent with their lower STD rates. They must have some idea what they're doing with them. TBH, it's not that hard to figure out. It's not something you need a manual for.