or Connect

Posts by tennisdude23

Thanks everybody who has replied so far. I'm bumping this again. The survey will remain open until about Thanksgiving.
Congrats!
Hi Everyone, I'm a college student interested in finding out people's attitudes pertaining to the use of psychotropic drugs such as Ritalin in drug therapies orientated towards children. I'm doing a university sponsored research project on this issue, and I was wondering if all of you could take 1 or 2 minutes to answer just a few short questions. The link to the survey is below. The more responses I receive the more representative the survey will be; so, if you are...
Yes, he will be fine. Its pretty difficult to damage the foreskin actually because it's very durable. If the child exhibits no reaction, this usually means that he is ok. In the very vast majority of cases, only multiple forceful retractions cause scar tissue.
Quote: Originally Posted by Dan Bollinger The current circ rate is indeed 55.7% according to the National Hospital Discharge Survey. So, the old 'locker room' argument doesn't hold water. But then, it never did. Children can be cruel, and if your son isn't teased about his penile status he'll be teased about something else. Gonna cut off another body part just in case some jerk-child teases your son about that? Of course not. Like I said, doesn't hold...
Quote: Originally Posted by GoodMomma I fortunately don't remember that show. But it seems like it was a cleaned up version of Jerry Springer. He at least "yelled" at the one Dr. for not using pain meds. It was ridiculous though! I can't believe that moron girl at the end said if her boyfriend wasn't circ'ed then she wouldn't of went out with him! What a ditz! I wish they would've let the intactivist on that show respond to that...
Quote: Originally Posted by noodsma http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/11/02...kin/index.html This article doesn't mention circing at all, instead mentioning the use of foreskins in an "oh, by the way" kind of manner. I wonder after reading this, would a person who has no concept of the value of intact genitals for men read this article and think the foreskin is unique in its ability to grow "four football fields of skin," and is therefore a great...
I was born in Europe in the 80s. When I was a few years old, I moved to the U.S. The question of circumcision never crossed my parent's minds, thank goodness. While I understand why circumcision became routine in North America, I'm still amazed at the fact that so many people entertain the idea of cutting off a part of their sons' genitalia, with giving it a second thought. From my experience, the quicker that people realize what circumcision as surgery entails, the...
Quote: Originally Posted by KJoslyn78 You need to realize that this is not someone from the US - but another country where courts may view things very, very differently. If this poster was from the US - i would agree though Well, we are talking about Sweden, a country with a well established, codified legal system. My assumption is that there will be greater similarities in the law than differences. I am still of the opinion that the poster...
To the poster above, I would get a second legal opinion. If the child's mother is finding it difficult to support herself, then perhaps you should pursue your case in the best interest of the boy. Waiting several years can be a awful long time, and you should consider and/or try to exhaust all your options before making a final decision.