or Connect

Posts by belovedofbast

I should have added - My DH's reversal was 9 years after he had his V, and he had a daughter from a previous relationship, so he was a proven "breeder" if you will (we joke that I am the unproven one).  I have never had children, nor have I ever been pregnant, to my knowledge.  He is 39 and I am 29.   Best of luck (again!) :)
My husband had a reversal in May of 2010.  He wasn't allowed to have sex for about 6 weeks (not that he felt like it anyhow, make sure you have plenty of ice packs!) and he was tested at the end of August 2010.  We have been TTC since August 2010.  I started charting this month, after ups and downs for a year.  I highly recommend charting earlier, though.  From what I can tell, it looks like I am expecting AF this month, although I am currently 3 days "late"   Best...
I may end up double dead for this, but she is still in labour.  Baby should be coming soon though!  Today is my husband's (her brother) birthday :)     P.S. Reelgeek, I am also bringing you maple butter...please don't kill me.  We are Canadian...a kind, peaceful people....right?!
I may be risking death by posting here, but hopefully she won't mind.  Just wanted to let you know that it looks like reelgeek is very possibly in labour (I am her awesome SIL/doula, who isn't arriving until Saturday :( ) Looks like I'll probably be doing PP doula-ing instead.   I'll let her announce any arrivals herself though.   PS Reelgeek...please please don't kill me...I'm bringing you maple syrup!  Think of the children!
I forgot about Kamik's!  They are DH's favourite.  He has a pair he takes when he goes hunting in the fall.  They keep his feet toasty warm (apparently sometimes TOO toasty)
I experienced something similar back in Sept.  I have a consistent 28/29 day cycle.  I ended up being a week late, and went to see my doctor.  They made me pee in a cup, and nothing.  Doctor said I just had a missed period and it happens to many women. I got my period the next day.  He said by 2 weeks past your period "due" date, the tests will all show if you are pregnant (to accomodate for late ovulation) but if there isn't anything by then, you just missed your...
We live where it gets cold to (very much so, sometimes) and we have bought SD Columbia boots or Sorel.  They are both a little spendy, but I think her younger siblings are wearing the older pairs now.  I'm not super sure, we just give her mom all the hand me downs...however, we like the Columbia and Sorels because they have good tread, water proof foot and are warm (rated to -30C I think)
Ah, the pool. I work at a public pool, and have for the last 10+ years. We check our chemical levels 3-4 times a day (chlorine and pH get tested 3-4 times, salt 2x, total alkalinity and calcium hardness 2x) You are more likely to get sick from the fecal coliformes coming off of someone's butt that the urine. That being said, I have never done it consciously. I can't speak to the response many people having to entering the water (especially warm water, hello...
Quote: Originally Posted by feminist~mama i'd trade shifts with a co-worker and celebrate the anniversary another night and go to the shower... That's a good idea in theory, however in practice it is much harder to execute, as there are 2 people I can do that with, one works nights so he can't work my shift (labour laws, less than 8 hours between shifts) and the other works the earlier half of the week and is going away on the...
DH to the rescue. We will go out for dinner down by where they (BIL and futures SIL) live, DH will go out for drinks with his brother, I will attend the shower for a little bit, and DH will drive me home so I can sleep a little in the car. I will have to leave a little earlier than most because of work, but I think SIL will understand as she is a paramedic and works weird hours as well. That way I get my anniversary, but I also get to go to her shower. I wish...