or Connect

Posts by potatocraft

Ugh, I have been so bad today. I have type 1 diabetes so pregnancy makes my blood sugar even harder to control then it normally is. So I really have to be careful. But today I had a Bowl of cereal for breakfast, my husband made buckwheat noodles with a tomato sausage sauce for lunch with extra veggies in it for me, a small bag of chips for afternoon snack, 2 burritos and cole slaw for dinner, popcorn for desert, and not i'm having my 2 am bowl of oatmeal with...
We are having a hospital birth so there will be a coming home outfit. My mom has said that she wanted to get the special coming home outfit so I don't know what kidlet will be wearing. We know its a boy and as I don't have ac in my car or house it will probably be something cool and comfy. My mom has been picking out the cutes clothes and stuff so I'm sure it will be adorable. As for the rest of his clothes I have bought some onesies in 3-6 and a few in newborn but...
I'm a cna and I have discovered that I like both shifts for different reasons. The night shift is nice because I am a night owl anyway and it is a slower pace for the most part. You are busy with rounds and midnight snacks and the such but it does tend to be quieter. Nights are great if you are going to school or like to read, knit, etc. because other then rounds you are not super busy unless someone rings. and just when I start to loose my wind it is 5 am and time to...
Hi all, I'm Shawna, I live in Augusta, Maine with my DH. We have 2 dogs, 2 cats, fish and a turtle. I'm due August 9 with our first kidlet. I have had 2 miscarriages early in previous pregnancies and I'm so happy this baby is a Keeper. Currently I'm a stay at home incubator because my doctor didn't want me lifting people and stuff, I'm a CNA. I love anything Crafty related, sewing, knitting, etc. And now that i'm not lifting people all day I'm busy Moving furniture...
When you are driving to portland for your ultrasound and you totally space on 95 and forget to get onto 295 so you have to drive through lisbon to get to topsham so you can get back on track making you 1/2 hour late for your appointment. : Yes folks that was my morning. hehe. At least the ultrasound lady understood that I was having a case of prego stupids. hehe. Shawna
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this already but HOW TO COOK EVERYTHING VEGETARIAN by Mark Bittman is awsome. It is huge and totally not soy centric and it is litereally how to cook tons of stuff. and he really doesn't get into ingredients you have to go and hunt for. Shawna
Tonight we are having friends over for dinner but it will be a busy day so I am making some crockpot lentil soup and a ham and veggie quiche and Bread and salad. All stuff that can be made ahead of time and either left to do it's own thing, served at room temp or baked at the last minute while I am tidying up. Shawna
Yippy!!! for the broken TV. Mine is scheduled to break in February next year! The tv will all be hd and we are just not going to update it.Of course my son, due to be born in July will be to young to even care so it won't be a fight or anything. We will keep the set for videos, etc. but that is it. As for the lying thing, I think certain people might feel differently about it once their child gets a little older then 1 and can be more confrontational about stuff....
As for the lullaby at birth thing, i remember hearing the lullaby when I had my last miscarriage and i was waiting to go in for my D&C and it just broke me. The nurse came over and couldn't understand what was so wrong. But I know that when I finally have this baby in July that lullaby will sound so amazing to me. Shawna
Hi! For everyone who has done this baby thing a time or two, What did you use for an infant carrier. I'm about 300 ish and I'm so afraid that nothing I buy is going to fit me. And i really would like a carrier or sling or something. Especially for when I'm walking my dogs and stuff because they would just haul on a stroller too hard for me to enjoy the walk. Anyone have any ideas. I can sew if you have a pattern or a link to something. Shawna