or Connect

Posts by ians_mommy

Looking for opinions.   In two weeks I need to go to Maui for a work conference for 5-days. The conference lasts from about 7:00-12:00 each day with the rest of the day "off".   My preschooler is staying home with DH, but I am torn about what to do with my 18-month-old DD.   She still nurses a great deal at night and then a few times during the day when I am not at work. On work days she only nurses at night. I stopped pumping at 15-months because the shells...
Well what a day today was.   At 11:00 I received a call from the principle stating she wanted a meeting with me today at pickup (11:20).   I was sat down with her and my son's teacher and told that because he was taking up so much of the TAs time, he is being asked to leave the school and will not be invited back.   I was floored.   This is the second day of the first full week. As I sat in stunned silence the principle spent about 10 minutes telling me...
ElliesMomma: IB stands for International Baccalaureate. He has been excited to go in to school both days and in a happy mood at pickup, so I don't think it is a matter of him not wanting to be there. No, I would not get a refund. In fact, you are committed to the entire year of tuition even if a child leaves the school. They do require new families to purchase a tuition insurance plan (I wasn't happy about it)...so I guess that is my financial plan...
Long post- sorry Mommas who have BTDT...please offer some perspective.   Background: This past summer my son was accepted to a private school that is PK - 12th grade. My husband and I are very excited as it is an IB school which offers alot to it's students.   He will be 4 in November and so was placed in the youngest of the two PK programs.   Prior to this, he has attended a daycare since 16 months of age and has always done very well. He is a...
My son's school supply list (PK) includs a "pillow-case style 19"x44" nap mat cover with Velcro closure".   Has anyone bought something similar? Can you share where you made your purchase?
My son has hair way past his shoulders and my daughter is bald (and often dressed in brother's hand-me-downs). People frequently get them mixed up. I usuallu just say, "No, the big one is my son and this peanut here is my little girl".  
Seasoned Mamas I need you help!   Our situation:   My DS turned 3 two weeks ago. We started introducing the idea of a potty over a year ago- had it sitting in the bathroom and he would occasionally sit on it- but didnt really aactively try to potty-learn.   About two months ago we became more active with potty-learning and started to regularly offer the potty and he would have a successful pee about 50-75% of the day.   Last week was "parent-teacher"...
Hi Ladies, I am moving to Kailua in 1-week. Our home is on Ulupaina st...not far from the district pool. I have a 3-year-old son and 7-month-old daughter and would love to meet other mothers.
Quote: Originally Posted by mediumcrunch Landa Park in New Braunfels. $4 for adults, $3 for children at the aquatics center. Spring fed pool, reg pool, zero depth pool. The Witte and Children's Museum are both good choices. Zoo is too freaking hot in the summer and insanely crowded on the weekdends anyway. Depending on what base dh is attached to you may have opportunities there. Randolph and Sam Houston have lots of families on base and I know...
I arrived in San Antonio last weekend for a temporary 2 month stay (military). My husband will not be joining me for another 10 days. I have a 3-month-old and a 2.5 year old. We are staying in a tiny rental apartment. My MIL and SIL were here this week with my 2 nephews to watch my two children while I was at work during the day. SIL and MIL just left for the weekend and wont be back until Sunday night. What the heck and I going to do in 95+ degree heat with my 2...