or Connect

Posts by S.Raine-Drop

Wow that is sad I had plans to of course have a celebration for her first birthday but now I'll have an excuse to make it even bigger
Ooh first birthday luaus for babies? I haven't heard anything about that! Is it not as big of a deal on Maui or something?
Quote: Originally Posted by noordinaryspider DS is six months old. We walk a lot. I should probably sell my car so I won't have to keep shelling out the $$$ for insurance every month. Ditto! Actually, we don't even have a car! We take a taxi or ride with a friend anywhere we need to go and when we do baby girl is great. She usually sleeps through all of our outings anyways but if she does wake up in the car or elsewhere while we're out it...
My baby girl is closing in on 3 months and she has been sucking on her fist, I'm glad she hasn't found her thumb though. She does like her binkie but the only kind she likes are those green Soothie ones, anything else she just doesn't take to. Sometimes it takes her a few tries to 'latch on' to it but when she gets it in a good suck (only way I can think to describe it) she keeps it in and is very content and happy. I wish she was better at not dropping the binkie though,...
That's weird, we don't get that question over here, instead the first thing out of mouths is "Do you breastfeed?" This is so freaking irritating it drives me insane. What the HECK does it matter to a complete stranger what I feed my baby with? Oh well.
We used Mylicon in our daughter's nighttime bottles so it's easier for her to fall back to sleep, and it works GREAT sometimes we don't even have to burp her at all. We use the Gripe Water during the day sometimes, if she's especially fussy and we can't figure out why, and that usually does the trick!
Quote: Originally Posted by megan sacha Almost all babies prefer to be in a stomach or side lying position but they ALWAYS be put to sleep on their backs (these other positions are fine when they are awake though). Once they get older and start flipping onto their tummy you can't realistically keep putting them back onto their backs. But with such a young baby I would put them down between the wedge pillows so that they can't roll onto tummy. Our son...
Hubby and I have the worst time with this. We literally can't do it. We have to let her fall asleep ON us, wait for her to get into a deeep sleep before we dare moving her and then as gently as possible put her into her crib. This is super frustrating, obviously we can't do this forever and we want her to get into the habit of falling to sleep in her crib. So, how were you folks able to accomplish that? I have no idea how to get her to associate CRIB with SLEEP without CIO...
Ah, I have a strict tummy only sleeper here too. The ONLY time she will sleep on her back is when I have her in her boppy in bed with me after she wakes up for the first time in the morning, that's just how she naps and only for about an hour or two at a time, at MOST. Then at about 3 or 4pm after her last nap there's nooo getting her to sleep any way except on tummy. We are ALL afraid of SIDS but some babies have their own agenda and we just have to accept things where we...
Those are some great suggestions you're getting I hope your daughter is thrilled with whatever you choose I especially like the idea for her first grown up outfit or pair of high heel shoes! And I got my first period at 10 also, coincidentally the same night my beta fish of like 3 years died, so it wasn't a happy occasion for me. (I know it's "just" a fish, but all my pets have always meant a lot to me.) Anyway I hope one day I can treat my daughter into womanhood they...