or Connect

Posts by tangledblue

Hi--I had a c-section (for a breech baby) a couple of years ago and it was much better/easier to recover than I thought it would be, so I'm really on the fence about whether to do a repeat c-section or a VBAC.  I have weighed all the risks of both and feel that they each have pros and cons as far as risk goes, so what I'm really interested in finding out about is this:     What (other than of course, actually meeting your baby) was the best thing about your vaginal...
That would drive me crazy, especially his dismissal of it as being my problem, if I were you. It sounds very difficult, claustrophobic and challenging. If he can't make an effort to see it your way or compromise at all, that that sounds like the real problem, even more than the mess.  If you have to take your kids to play at your parents' because of the clutter, doesn't he see that as a problem?   I don't have any solid advice, except maybe to make your DH take DS1...
I feel the exact same way.  I feel like I can't even focus on the things I enjoy anymore. My life is just so different in every way.  I have been thinking lately I need to take an evening class or something just so I can have a time to focus on something that's not either a) parenting or b) total exhaustion.     
One thing to consider is that an emergency transfer due to preeclampsia is probably much more likely to result in  a c-section, especially if you are at the hospital that is not your first choice. Maybe go to the better hospital and then just try to be as low-stress as possible so that you can have movement etc. during labor if your bp stays down.  Your midwife sounds to me like she is being conscientious. Either way, I hope you have a stress-free final couple of weeks. 
@carmel23, good point about revisiting the other school...but I should have clarified, I didn't think they were cold to me as a visitor...and I would understand if it was a matter of being engaged with the job and not paying attention to a visitor. But it was more the way they were with the kids, particularly a couple of interactions that bugged me. Believe me, I thought about it, because everything else about the school was great. I also heard similar comments from...
Thanks everybody, I do feel better now. I'll just try to be good-spirited about it and give them a call.    @CatsCradle--there was no essay question on the application, it was just a very straight up application with name, address, etc, and then the interview. Thanks for sharing your experiences...the school thing such a tough aspect of living in a major city although I love it otherwise. 
For those of you who have kids in a Reggio school, what do you like most about it? How has it helped your child grow personally?  Do you feel like there is enough pre-literacy and pre-math stuff, and did your child transition well to public school K?    Thanks in advance!
Yeah, I live in a big city that, while not as insane as NYC, the preschool process can be crazy. I really envy people who can just decide that their kid will go to Montessori and not go through such a process.   (Another Montessori school we looked at had a $250 fee just to apply! We didn't apply to that one.) And the one with the cold teachers...yeah, I loved everything else about it, location, schedule, and setting were great, but I just couldn't get past the...
So...here's the deal. My DD, who I just know would absolutely THRIVE in a Montessori environment, was rejected by one Montessori school, and although we had applied to another one that she did get into, the teachers at that one seemed cold and curt to the kids so we won't go there. Other Montessori schools have all basically filled up for next year by now (plus, I am handicapped by the fact that DH doesn't care that much about Montessori and is not nearly as gung-ho...
So, DD potty trained fairly easily (she is 2.5) and seems to be night training herself. Any advice on facilitating this? I never used pullups for day training, we just went right to undies. I hadn't even thought about night training, but a couple times a night we hear the pitter patter of little feet and "Potty!" Not enough that I would completely trust that she'd be dry at night (I give it a 50/50 chance).  Night training advice from those who have been there? 1) How to...