or Connect

Posts by tangledblue

OK, so I'm not so familiar with that part of the city but I do know that West Seattle is its own little community and people seem to like it. Alki is great and so is Lincoln park. Also, houses there are like 50-100K less than they would be in other "nice" neighborhoods in the city, if you are thinking of buying. It has restaurants/bars/shopping, and prob. a farmers market although I'm not positive about that. Key West, though....bummer to leave! I love that place.
With my first pregnancy, I saw a CNM when I miscarried at 7 weeks and she saw to it that I got the Rhogam.
OH, I was just about to post this same question. I'm 8.5 weeks and feeling less tired suddenly (fatigue and food aversions have been my only real symptoms). I did see a strong HB on u/s last week, but I had a m/c in 2007 so I'm always worried. Someone tell me not to freak out, please! When did your symptoms go away/did things still look ok on u/s?
If (big if, maybe, given your post about the 4 yo.) you can trust the 4 yo to watch a DVD while you shower, you can just have the baby in the bathroom with you in a bouncy seat or just on a soft rug--that way you know where baby is and 4 yo. isn't trying to "help." Maybe with a paci and swaddle for just the 5 min that you are in the shower?
My DD sometimes finds my presence in the room too stimulating. Maybe the same is true for your LO? I usually read 2 stories to my girl, sing 1 song, put her in her crib, sing a bit more, then sit there quietly for a little while as she rolls around/babbles. If I stay too long she starts hopping up and wanting to party, so I leave. Mama's there=time to play. At first I used to just say something like, "I'm going to go do laundry, will check back to see if you're asleep"...
at what age did they stop the squirming? I ask because DD (a crib sleeper) likes to roll around in her crib every night while she goes to sleep. It's like a party in there. She is 2 and we are not sure when to switch to a toddler bed, but it doesn't seem like she's going to be ready for a while (which is fine, just trying to plan because we have another on the way!)
I have to say, I don't think you have unrealistic expectations that you should be able to *enjoy* family life, but just that those peaceful moments might come in the midst of all the other stuff, not as a separate activity. Two other thoughts: you said your child has 2 30 min naps? Have you tried cutting it to one nap? My dd has been on a 1-nap routine ever since she was about your child's age. At that age I think she napped around 11 am-1pm. A longer nap chunk might...
Wow, I used to have those too, totally forgot about it. I think I would just watch them and see what they did. Lots of reds and purples. I think it even helped me go to sleep.
Wow, candles, music, dinner, cleaned-up toys? Lucky guy! My poor dh gets home and I start ranting about how DD didn't take a nap that day. I do think that breadwinners feel a lot of pressure, especially in an economy with 9% unemployment. That said, it sounds like you are doing everything you can. He may need to examine/readjust his attitude, because at some level it is just a job and other things are more important. I'm not sure if there's a tactful way to get him...
anyone? Bueller?