or Connect

Posts by tangledblue

Just one question, and I don't mean this harshly at all--it's just unclear to me from your post.   Do you have a strong feeling that homeschooling would be better FOR HIM? Or is it something you feel like you "should" do?    I read many inspiring homeschool blogs, and occasionally I try out an activity from one of them. We also read a lot and go to lots of educational places (science musuem etc.)   But I know I'm not really cut out to be a homeschooling parent....
How lucky that little baby is to have you and your husband in his life, and vice versa. Congratulations on entering a wonderful new world.  :)   My two cents: Find a mama or two in real life that is also new to parenting--maybe join a group for new parents or even an adoption-support group to find other new moms in similar situations, and perhaps find a compatible mama friend. Second, find an experienced mama or grandma that you can learn from--maybe you can think of...
I think that nurse didn't necessarily know what she was talking about. You should tell your midwives--they can monitor it to see if it gets bigger but the ER doc sounds right. I had a very small sch early in my pregnancy (it went away) and my OB is still encouraging me to vbac. They can see on ultrasound if it's still there. I doubt there is any correlation between small/moderate sch and being high risk (more than normal vbac risks), unless the sch sticks around and gets...
Thanks! Those are all helpful stories to hear.    I think one of the reasons I had such a decent c-section experience is because I actually did go into labor (9 cm by the time I got to the OR, and they check but baby was still breech). So I doubt that it would be the same with a scheduled rcs.  (@kltroy, your last sentence made a lot of sense to me--I think I would definitely have that feeling with an rcs.)
First of all, it's important not to get mad. Then the kid may try to provoke an angry reaction again. Stay calm and issue a consequence that she really cares about. I usually take away a favorite toy (maybe not a lovey, but something she's been really into recently.)  She can earn it back when she behaves for a while (e.g. after she takes a nap or the next morning--usually the toy timeout lasts for a few hours). This has worked for us so far and DD is also 3. That said,...
Ok, so I only have a 3 year old so I'm sure someone with more experience can weigh in. But I have found it helpful to just make rules for myself about what I can do in those situations--because I can only control what I do.  (e.g. stay calm and give a choice. choice might involve a consequence, like "You can either cooperate and get your jammies on and we'll have a nice bedtime, or you can not cooperate and we'll skip reading any stories.")  This is a last resort when...
Oh good, so it's not just my kid.   :)      So, my daughter sounds a lot like yours. Her outbursts usually come more when and adult tries to participate and does so in the wrong way. (E.g. she is pretending to be a fairy, and has a crown on; grandma says something innocent like, "are you a princess?" and DD gets REALLY upset because NO, I'M NOT A PRINCESS I'M A FAIRY CAN'T YOU TELL??") but this usually manifests itself by her flinging herself on the floor and...
(moved to http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1330139/sell-me-on-a-vbac-please#post_16664690)
Thank you, that is helpful.   I think my OB is actually sincerely encouraging of a VBAC...she says it's totally my call but she said I would be a great candidate for a VBAC (I went into labor a couple days ahead of my scheduled c-section date and was at 9 cm by the time I got to the OR...labor was fast! They did check but baby was still breech.) Heck, I think she even secretly wants me to VBAC.   :)  So no worries there.    Mostly, I remember being very...
(I also posted this under the VBAC board.)     Hi--I had a c-section (for a breech baby) a couple of years ago and it was much better/easier to recover than I thought it would be, so I'm really on the fence about whether to do a repeat c-section or a VBAC.  I have weighed all the risks of both and feel that they each have pros and cons as far as risk goes, so what I'm really interested in finding out about is this:     What (other than of course, actually...