or Connect

Posts by barnone

Can anyone tell me which foods we need to be eating in order to heal the gut? Or point me in the right direction of some good research? We've had ongoing issues with constipation in my youngest dd (15 mos). And older dd has food sensitivities, too. I found someone local who has great info, but it's going to cost over $1000 and that's not even her best program (sigh). We're all on probiotics. My youngest is only eating pears, peas, carrots, chicken, avocado and olive oil....
My poor baby has been horribly constipated. She's had pooping issues since she was 6 days old. I did the TED and she was fine, but I haven't been able to pinpoint what it was. She was having thick, playdoh-type poop for the past few months. But two weeks ago, it changed to hard, formed/solid poop that is so big she cannot get it out. She pushes and pushes and then starts screaming because it hurts so much it's heartbreaking! She is mostly breastfed as I haven't been able...
Just shared the link on my FB page :)
Liked both Strider and Mothering on FB This bike would be perfect for our oldest daughter!
I'm thinking about doing a rotation diet for DD1 and then one for myself as well. But I don't know exactly how to work the rotating.   DD1 is sensitive to soy, wheat, and dairy mainly. She can finally have corn- yay! But not every day. I won't be giving her any soy, as that's her biggest issue apparently. But I would like to rotate the corn, wheat, and dairy.    And DD2 is EBF and is showing signs of food sensitivities, so I'm doing an elimination diet....
    I know. I was concerned about the thickness of my DD's poops as well. But apparently none of the doctors are. The pediatrician and the GI docs think the consistency isn't an issue. DD will poop every 7-10 days or so. Sometimes it's a ton, mixed peanut butter and thinner "normal" EBF poop. And sometimes it's only a little stuck to her bum. My only guess is that since it's staying inside her for so long, she's absorbing all the moisture and that's why it's more dried...
I did not put coconut oil or anything on her face. She does still have that little bit of flakes in her hair at the crown of her head. But her face does look much better :)   And, yes, I'm doing the crazy Dr. Sears' elim diet. I'm eating chicken, rice, apples, carrots, and olive oil. I did the same one w/ DD1. I started just eliminating one food at a time w/ DD1 and it just took forever. To me, this seems the quicker way to tell if it's food or not. I'm going to give...
Thanks again! You girls are the best!!   Here's our latest. I went ahead w/ the elim diet and today is Day 5. DD's face looks SO much better! It still has some rough patches on her forehead and cheeks, but it seems to be clearing up. The redness is basically gone (unless she's rubbing against my shoulder). If it were cradle cap, would it come and go like that? Would it clear up w/o any treatment?? I'm just trying to figure out if it cleared up b/c I stopped whatever...
Ok, I just today noticed she does have cradle cap. Not a ton but an area on the crown of her head (that's where she has the most hair) with whitish flakes. They aren't huge or yellow. Can I put the coconut oil in her hair to get it out? I used EEVO on DD1 and that worked well.    But, I noticed the baby acne/rash on her face FIRST. If the rash on her face was cradle cap, wouldn't it have started in her hair first??
Wow! Thanks so much. This is all so helpful. I don't think it's cradle cap. It's really more pimple-like rather than just red bumps. And she has no flakes in her hair at all. Just some of the pimples scattered here and there. And it seems to be drying out- like I said, her face is kind of sandpapery :( Some of the pimples even look like they have little tiny scabs at the top, just like zits can get.    As for the yeast, it looks as though most of the s/sx are the same as...