or Connect

Posts by workjw

Yes she is.  That would be so great if you don't mind!  Thank you so much!   Thanks everyone for all of the links.  I will pass them on to her.  BeautyforAshes I will definitely let her know that you are willing to talk to her.  Thank you!  If she's interested I will send you a PM.  I hope that she will, I think it would be really great for her to talk to someone that understands.    Thank you again!!  
I have a friend that recently discovered her baby girl will most likely have Down syndrome.  She has asked if I could find some information for her and possibly some support groups online.  She doesn't have a computer at home, and doesn't really have the energy to go sit at the library searching for information right now.  I talked to her briefly today and she said that baby A is going to need heart surgery soon after birth, but she was at work and didn't have time to...
It's a very personal decision, but since you asked for opinions I'll share my 2 cents. We were in a similar boat when dd was 6 weeks old. We had the ultrasound done first and it showed no abnormalities of any kind, but we decided to go ahead with the VCUG because we felt like we would be more comfortable knowing if our child had reflux. Like yours, our doctor had said we could skip the VCUG for the first UTI, but that he didn't recommend it. He said that if we didn't...
Quote: Originally Posted by BellinghamCrunchie My surgeon told me that the pain and the dizziness were caused by something else, and only the nausea was caused by the gallbladder. Go figure. I'm not going to listen much to the surgeon; he really has little contact with patients before and after the surgery, so how would he really know. I trust my GI doc more, who thinks all the symptoms are gb. I'm glad its only going to be a month for your surgery....
Lots of gross things happen in restaraunts, but the worst/most dangerous thing I ever personally witnessed was when a girl put eyedrops in a pregnant ladies drink because the lady was "running her to death". Luckily I overheard her telling another waitress and followed behind her to confiscate the drink. I reported her of course, and she was immediately fired, but I have to say I'm always very nice to my waitress now, and I try not to send much back.
Just wanted to update and say that I've officially made it THREE WHOLE MONTHS! I can't believe that I've actually made it this far! I wish that I could say everything was peachy and wonderful now, but I can say it's gotten much easier. I do still want a cigarette everyday, but at least now it's not the first thing on my mind every morning. I don't feel as much like I "need" it, just more of a longing for it, and even that is getting a little better with time. I do...
Here in rural TN they say eensy weensy but I still say itsy bitsy.
Thinking of you and hoping you get answers soon.
I haven't read any of the responses, but I know that in a child that has a high fever with NO other symptoms a doctor should always suspect kidney infection. It's really not that uncommon in children. My daughter has had quite a few kidney infections because of a condition she has (vesicoureteral reflux) and in at least 2 of them she had no other symptoms other than fever. Don't know if the same rule applies to adults. Good luck with the testing on Wednesday. At least...
Another vote for saving them until Christmas. My kids have always gotten gently used toys at the holidays, and they are perfectly happy with it. DD is too little to know or care, and DS is old enough to realize that the only way he's going to get the really expensive stuff that he wants is if we can find it cheaper b/c it's used.