or Connect

Posts by kcparker

You could even wring Ella out of Amelia as a nickname if you had a mind to do so, then she can choose whichever one she likes, or Amy, Mel, Lia - lots of options.
I tandem nursed for a year, and then I started getting resentful and not enjoying it. I decided to wean my older son when he was 3 years and some change. I worried a lot about how he'd take weaning because he was an avid fan of nursing. I talked up how all of his friends used to nurse, but there comes a time when kids stop nursing and announced that we would be having a weaning party. I asked him pick a special weaning present that would be a symbol of his growth (he...
My family is preparing to move to the New Haven area in the summer. My older son is starting kindergarten. I will be a student, my husband will be job hunting, and money will be tight. But we are still contemplating sending our kids to private school/preschool because of what we've heard about the area schools.   We have been warned away from most New Haven public schools, and even the ones in surrounding communities have gotten mixed reviews. Is public school really...
lunch box.......................$ 15 4 plastic containers...........10 1 aluminum container..........5 Nalgene food jar..................5 spork....................................7 sandwich bag.......................9 organic cotton napkin.........12 nalgene bottle.......................7 camelbak bottle..................19 icepack.................................2 Total..................................$91   I know you can do it for less than...
See the website S***mykidsruined.com and you will quickly realize that a) he's not in need of a neurology consult --  LOTS of kids do this, and 2) it could have been even worse.
Your daughter sounds a lot like my son (and a lot like the way I was as a child, and even as an adult). Not sure if I have any answers for you as I think this is to some extent innate and lifelong, and all you can do is help her learn to deal with these emotions (frustration, anger, feeling overwhelmed) in a productive, kind-to-self way. Relaxation and breathing techniques, visualizations of throwing the angry voices out the window of a moving car or tying them to a...
This sounds sort of flip, but sometimes $#!t happens, literally. Up to 25% of babies have at least a little mec. in the waters. It can be an indicator that they are stressed during the labor (due to length of labor, positioning, quick descent, bad positioning, pitocin contractions, many factors are possible, sometimes it's just that they are postdates, and sometimes you don't know why, it's just there and you have to deal with it. It was not due to your vocalizing though...
  There is no need to beat yourself up. Babies don't have Down Syndrome because of anything a mother did or didn't do. It's a random genetic mutation. It is hard to know how profoundly your child will be affected by having DS. Some kids have hardly any health issues, high cognitive function, and can participate fully in daily life. Others have severe mental consequences and heart problems, and need a lot of medical treatment.   You are not being punished. This is just a...
It is summer, and you lose a lot of water through evaporation, even if you aren't sweating. Make sure that you are ingesting 3 liters of water per day (that includes in foods, so soups, smoothies, watermelon, etc. all counts toward the 3 l. goal), more if you are exercising and sweating (aim to replace what you lose during exercise - you even can measure your weight before and after to see how much you lose if you want to get more precise). It sounds like baby is doing...
Honestly, this looks like sort of a bogus product that plays on women's insecurities about our bodies. Your pelvis is a bony structure - it can't and should not become somehow "smaller than pre-pregnancy". That would mean you have suffered a deformation of some sort. In general, as your hormones return to their non-pregnant levels, the relaxin will leave your system and your pelvis will be pretty darn close to what it was before baby made his entrance. Maybe if you have...