or Connect

Posts by Bea

It might be a vulval yeast infection. Your Dr would be able to tell better.   You could try...   No soap of any kind. Rinse with plain water after pee and/or BM, no wiping, just pat dry.  Apply an antifungal cream like clotrimazole (Lotrimin) twice a day for a week.   If there's no change take her back to the Dr.
Quote: Originally Posted by liliaceae This looks like a good article. From a natural living and toxin avoidance POV, that list is horrific. From a 'we eat McDonalds for every meal 7 days a week and who says Coke isn't a food group" POV, that list is horrific. I'm surprised more MDCers aren't more vocal and I'm surprised that the posters on this thread with tattoos aren't freaking out about the cadmium (for starters) they are absorbing day...
This isn't exactly a well reasoned philisophical argument for who get the back seat (barring the 'oldies'..grandparents etc having an automatic right) but the rule in my circle growing up was always 'short arses in the back' Whether it's 4 women together, mixed gender adults or kids, the tallest needs the leg room so they get the front passenger seat.
Quote: Originally Posted by Penelope If you're really anxious about it, start looking for studies that examine the safety of tattoo ink. . There won't be any studies. Not just because there is no one to fund it but until recently, tattooing was a purely fringe pastime. There weren't enough people inked for long enough to even relate any health hazards to tattooing. If a 70 year old sailor develops a health concern, no one is going to look at...
It's interesting that the 60% reduction they tout is never contextualised alongside the actual statistical risk of a North American man contracting HIV through heterosexual sex. I suppose 60% of almost zero isn't a very compelling argument for circ.
I just wanted to not discount the trauma/ some other reason than fungus. I've lost a few toe nails in my life and I've no idea why. I have no recollection of trauma to the toes and ones I have traumatised (a dreadful ceramic cat bowl incident springs to mind), the toe nail was fine. Bruised and painful but never fell off. The toe nails that have fallen off for whatever reason looked odd for a while... opaque (no pink visible) and yellowish, then separated at the nail...
I don't know about the bug bites, they may well just be bug bites. The little goosepimply rash on his back, after 5 hours in the heat, I bet is a sweat rash/heat rash/prickly heat I've had it before, and for me it's a rash of tiny blisters where the sweat gets trapped under the skin. I found it itches a bit. There are different staqes of it though. It looks exactly like tiny goosebumps. Miliaria Make sure he's cool now and hydrated, the fact that he feels hot...
Thanks guys. I'll give these suggestions a go. The invaders seemed to have lessened since I've been spraying citrus oil around the floor although we are now living with an 'explosion in an orange grove' smell. We live in an old house, with a basement, so although I know they're coming from the front of the house, the exact point of entry could be any of a hundred spaces big enough to fit an 1/8th of an inch ant. Doing damage to the colony is the last resort and at least...
I'm pretty sure this has been addressed, but is she taking any vitamin/mineral supplements? Iron in supplements can cause a false positive for occult (hidden) blood in standard tests, as do food stuffs high in iron (espescially meat) although the food aspect is obviously an unlikely cause in a baby .
I'm almost positive you don't want to hear that ironing them once dry pretty much solves the problem.