or Connect

Posts by Bea

Quote: "The idea that we declared a pandemic when there wasn't a pandemic is both historically inaccurate and downright irresponsible," said WHO spokesman Gregory Hartl in a telephone interview. "There is no doubt that this was a pandemic. To insinuate that this was not a pandemic is very disrespectful to the people who died from it." Huh? It's not like someone is 'insinuating' that it isn't a disease with the potential to kill, just that the extent...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mosaic There are several kinds of photosensitivity; and without any other symptoms of lupus, that certainly wouldn't be my first guess. It sounds like photodermatitis orPLE to me. It's not a true allergy but does tend to be found in people who already have overreactive immune systems and responds similarly to gradually increased exposure. It's common and not dangerous, though it can be annoying. No relaxing beach vacations...
Why am I surprised? I am but probably shouldn't be... Wikipedia: Lip Wikipedia: Foreskin (NSFW) One anatomical structure is touted in the OPENING short paragraph as being erogenous tissue while the other's connection with sexual pleasure is vague rumours of 'may be' 'some say' 'possibly connected' "some studies show'... I'm paraphrasing from the page. Seriously! Two similar structures. One is part of the sexual organs and one is part of your face yet the...
Quote: Originally Posted by abimommy I admit I would too. 1066, bloody battle, France v England @ Hastings, England. William the Conqueror (F), King Harold II (E) shot dead with arrow in eye. France then ruled England. Both had foreskins which can be seen clearly depicted in the Bayeux Tapestry (not really).
It sounds to me like you're describing Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) without the ritualistic compulsions (hand washing, for example). You have just the obsessive thinking. It's very common and very treatable with cognitive (behavioral) therapy if you're motivated to try to fix it. It's a manifestation of anxiety. If you do seek a professional to help, I'd, personally, avoid any medications they suggest. You can conquer this by retraining your thinking which will...
There have been some wonderful responses here and I just like to add, you are NOT supposed to want to feel like or enjoy playing like a 2.5 year old. You're an adult woman. If you meet up with your friends you enjoy a glass of wine and a good chat, you don't all get down on the floor and make believe with your Barbies! It's fine to play cars or whatever for 10 minutes but feel free to redirect the play to your interests. Humanity didn't evolve with children being the...
You're totally not wrong to be furious. I would be too and wouldn't be meek when I return it to the pharmacy to be relabelled. Unfortunately, as an RN dealing with both hospital in facility based pharmacies and nursing home's outwith facility pharmacies, you'd be horrified how often these types of errors happen. Demand action! This can't be simply brushed off as a harmless human error. This could have resulted in a fatality Thank goodness you were vigilant.
Quote: Originally Posted by janeshep I've smelled these things and they certainly smell like they're off-gassing. It would take some digging to find out just what chemicals goes into this toy. The retailers wouldn't know and the manufacturers are usually hard to find and to get clear answers. Natural rubber has to be processed with chemicals in order to be formed into balls like this. But without knowing what chemicals are involved, it's hard to say if it...
I'd just like to add that since no visual inspection of the uterus of problem free vaginal birthing women is ever observed, it's impossible to say what's normal/common and what's a red flag for problems. Maybe 90% have thin areas, congestion, 'windows' etc...who actually knows what the average full term uterus looks like?
Maybe... Tooth brushing happens 'wherever' in the house. Bring a cup of water to rinse and a vessel to spit in. The pyjamas go on in the kitchen, in the floor, if that's where you happen to corral her. Maybe eat the messy foods in a confined area? I don't mean stick her in the hall closet to eat her yogurt but if you can pen her in to one area of the house, then clean up is easier. You guys normal habits and routine is maybe going to have to get creative for both your...