or Connect

Posts by Bea

Quote: Originally Posted by alana1980 Thanks! With smegma, I read that it is good to rinse with clean water and to make sure to dry it off. That might be more for adult males though? I read a recommendation of using a hair dryer. Does smegma go away? He's that child that will obsess about a string hanging off his clothes. Now he's obsessing about this and pulling his penis out all of the time, even in public. I've been talking to him about...
I sounds like shingles and looks like shingles to me. I had an identical rash (except on my inner leg, just above my knee) For a day or two before the rash appeared I kept pulling up my pants leg to see if I had a bruise...I had this ache in my leg like I'd whacked it off something. I got occasional sharp twinges of pain higher up around my thigh like toothache. I felt vaguely fluey. The itch when/as the rash appeared itched like the blazes. Then it blistered,...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaesun's Dad When I was an infant/young toddler I had a nanny that spoke Spanish. While I don't remember much from that period of my life I have been told that at the time I spoke and understood Spanish as well as I did English. We moved when I was still very young and I didn't get an opportunity to continue speaking Spanish so I lost that but I have been thinking about this a lot more lately. My partner is Korean and our...
Quote: Originally Posted by whoabethy My DP and I used a known donor to get pregnant and he's Filipino. Recently we've been starting to get questions from people assuming she's adopted. Last week a stranger asked, "Where did you get her from?" I responded, "From my vagina." It was the first thing that came to mind. My mom thinks it's too flippant to repsond this way. Her opinion is that people are just "trying to be nice." Personally, I think...
Teaching a toddler to blow their nose is easy. Show them! Pantomime the act and get them to copy. Hold a tissue to their nose and say "BLOW" while blocking alternate nostrils. Make up a nose blowing song. Unfortunately they NEVER want to actually blow their nose and will throw a wobbly any time you try, preferring to wander around with two snot streams, a slimy sleeve and wipe their nose on your shirt when your not looking. On the upside, I hear snot is in...
New moon here but his EDD was the full moon. He came at 38 weeks.
Quote: Originally Posted by laohaire I hope OP doesn't mind, but I have another question. Why isn't Lady Jane counted among the British royalty? Wasn't she coronated? As I recall, she was queen for 3 or 4 days before she was very sadly beheaded. (Her story makes my heart ache, everyone just used her and she was a really good soul). Not to be picky but she wasn't British royalty. There was no Britain. At the time only Scotland and England had...
I had a colleague who used to (and prolly still does) like to prank call her friends from work in the middle of the night pretending to be some random girl trying to contact her Dad because she was drunk and lost in an unknown part of town and needed a ride. I've seen her do it a few times and the fake crying (no tears) was ASTONISHING. So realistic. Her friends hate her
For me and my husband it was easy. I'm from a non circumcising culture, he's a circ'd American. I said no way, he asked questions did some research and returned furious, depressed and adamant that that would never happen to his son. Up until the conversation he was of the opinion, if someone asked him if he'd circ a son, that yes he would, it's just what's done. This is an incredibly intelligent, logical, rational and caring man but as an American, the culture was so...
I leave the windows open. We're on the ground floor but with a basement below us so the ground floor windows are 8 feet off the ground and all highly visible to passers by, neighbours etc. As often as not it's the top sash that's open anyway since a bug screen won't keep a curious toddler from busting out and falling said 8 feet. Our windows, despite being new installs are pretty stiff. I think a burglar would have to erect a scaffold to get the physical purchase to...