or Connect

Posts by aghiofog

I wish that someone had told me these things before my first pregnancy so I didn't have to learn them on my own: -there's no research that indicates sound reason to induce labor unless there is risk for the mom or baby in the pregnancy going further or to term (or a couple of weeks past even) -ultrasounds done late in pregnancy can show a huge difference in baby's size from what it actually is (often resulting in panic from the doctor at the thought of a woman...
Just minutes after our 7th child was born at home- just me, my husband, my oldest and youngest daughters (ages 4 and 13 then) and a dog present. Everyone else slept through it all!
Youngest two of my seven. My youngest daughter still enjoys the occasional time at the breast even at age 5 and my youngest son, age 10 months sure seems happy to be having his "nay-nay"!
Age at births: 21, 24, 26, 34 and 38. Contemplating having one more in a few years.
Quote: Originally Posted by Freud I'm going to try goat's milk, if I can find it. Thanks! Whole Foods, Central Market, most Krogers, some Tom Thumbs and even Mall-Wart (your source for cheap plastic crud) carry Meyenberg goat milk, the whole milk version (lt purple carton). If you want the less strong tasting low fat (lt blue carton) you have to stick to a whole foods or central market store, or some other natural store. I've been on goat...
I love it when my 17 month old can always be comforted by nursing. It makes temper tantrums, injuries and whatever else, easier to deal with. I always ask her "Does Nay-nay (nursing) make it better?" And she just nods before latching on.....awwwww. :
Quote: Originally Posted by alegna IMO it is meaningless to make a child SAY they're sorry if they're not sorry. Doesn't teach anything I'm interested in teaching. I'm much more interested in teaching empathy so that my child will actually BE sorry if they do something that hurts someone else. So we talk a lot about how the other person feels when something goes wrong. Sometimes she gets it, sometimes she doesn't. But little by little she is moving...
Quote: Originally Posted by Juvysen We keep a small laundry basket in the kitchen for "kitchen laundry" - washcloths, t-shirt rags, bibs, cloth napkins as well as general cleaning cloths. This seems like an awesome idea. I have tons of cloth napkins (because I have tons of kids-6, plus a hubby, a dog and a cat) and find it hard to throw the dirty linens in with clothes, so I put them in the washer, but then they aren't getting air circulation...