or Connect

Posts by gbutterflykissesm

Has this happened to anyone? I have heard it can happen, but I don't have any friends who have had babies who have gone on nursing strikes, so I don't know where to get any support. Background: My now 8 m.o. went on one nursing strike before. It happened after we traveled by plane and he also had a cold. It lasted maybe a week. But I could lure him to the breast by squirting milk down my breast with a medicine dropper and continually squirting it into his mouth once he...
I have a stretchy wrap - a Gypsy Mama Bali Baby Stretch - which is more supportive than a Moby, and I was doing some great back carries a few weeks ago. But my baby must have hit 20 lbs or something because they are just not comfortable anymore. The fabric pulls too tight and feels like a stretched out rubber band against my skin. And if I try a chest belt, it slips and doesn't stay tight. I bought some osnaburg fabric, and here's a question for you DIYers: I checked...
Quote: Originally Posted by MommaShark A cross body satchel/messenger bag - put it on 1st and position bag in front.... I do this, but put it on last so I can take it on and off. It's just a lightweight purse with a long strap that goes diagonally. The strap is thin and lightweight enough that I can barely feel it.
My DS does it too, mainly when he's hungry or teething. I work full time, and when I come home from work, he throws himself at me and does this to any thing he can get! (usually my shoulders or knees). Apparently once, he took DP's face between both hands, stuck out his tongue, and licked it from his chin to his nose.
I found that up until about 6 months or so, I could go anywhere and bring DS everywhere. He loved the stimulation and slept so much better at night when he had a full day of playdates, beach, parks, etc. But he just was never a good napper. But if he's cranky at home and won't nap, at least I know that I can bring him out and about and he will rejuvenate for a little while. Will your DS sleep in a stroller? Can you go on park playdates and put him in the stroller or swing...
larzanna, is this all the time (at night and for naps) or only for naps? If it's only for naps, I would say that your baby might just be a short napper. Mine is. We normally only get 30-45 minutes out of his naps. If we put him to sleep swaddled in the arm's reach cocoon (which is a baby hammock), we can sneak in when he wakes up after his first sleep cycle and try rocking/bouncing it and 60% of the time he goes back to sleep. It has been a lifesaver! Have you tried...
KarlaC, that is hilarious! My LO will be 8 m.o. on Jan 27 and we started offering him solids at 5.5 months because he was so interested in our food. We would just give him little bites of mashed avocado mixed with BM, and he would take one or two bites every couple of days. Seemed to go down fine. Then around 6 months he had a cold for about one month, so we stopped the solids completely. When we started again with purees, he wouldn't swallow. He would just let it sit...
My DS only said bababa, papapa and gagaga at that age (and mamama when he was crying). But he would just repeat those over and over. He just started babbling last week, at 7.5 months old. All of a sudden I'm hearing all kinds of other sounds, and he's stringing them together and playing with his voice. This is the first time he has really "babbled" like that though, other than squeals and the repetitive syllables that he really liked before. It's hard not to compare your...
My (now 8 m.o.) DS was just like your LO! He would fart ALL the time. Big, vibrating, rumbling, explosive farts! If I had him sitting on my lap it would scare the bejesus out of me every time I felt him fart. And when he couldn't fart he was super fussy. Constantly drawing up his legs and grunting like he was trying to fart. He pooped many many times a day at that age, and his poop was always paired with these giant farts. He was a HORRIBLE sleeper and I always thought it...