or Connect

Posts by gbutterflykissesm

I've been there, and was at my wit's end, having tried everything. I work FT and was hallucinating at work. I was depressed. It was awful. Since I do work and pump at work and DP gives DS a bottle, we began scheduling his daily feedings. I know this is not desireable, and may not work for everyone, but when we stopped nursing/feeding on demand (he's still EBF, just from a bottle when I'm at work) and stuck to a strict 3 hour feeding schedule, his nights really changed for...
My baby went through this stage too. This is when we bought the Arm's Reach Cocoon. If he nurses but is still not asleep, but is sleepy, I swaddle him and rock/bounce him in the cocoon until he falls asleep. It has been a LIFESAVER, especially now that he's older. If I rock him in my arms he just gets too stimulated and won't drift off. Rocking him in here while shhhing or singing him a lullaby works wonders. I would also suggest trying different nursing positions. My...
One thing that came in very handy for me and my light sleeping DS who wakes up if I so much as breathe too loud was having him sleep on a towel. When I wanted to switch sides I would just sit up, pull on the towel, and voila! He was on my opposite side. He wouldn't even know he had moved.
My DS seems to change his sleeping patterns weekly. One week we're good, the next we're having similar issues to you. One week he does great in bed, nursing to sleep, the next week it makes him scream like crazy. We just keep experimenting and changing things up. Sometimes I go into the guest room and lay with him there, sometimes I try putting him in his crib and patting his back, sometimes I bounce with him in the carrier, sometimes he sleeps in the arms reach...
I'm sorry that you're still having so much trouble. You sound like you still have your head together, though! I'm proud of you! Can I say one thing? Solids have not been proven to help babies sleep, and if yours has any kind of digestive problems, it might not go well at all. We have recently started just a little bit of solids, not even enough to keep DS full, but already it is affecting his sleep. He just seems like he has a tummy ache more often than usual. About...
My baby does this at night, and thank goodness for video monitors. If I look on the monitor and see that he's just tossing and turning and trying to get comfy, his head is stil down and his eyes are still closed, I don't go in. But if his eyes are open and his head is up, he won't go back to sleep on his own and that's when I know he's usually hungry. I have also started to be able to tell the difference between the weak whine he gives when tossing between sleep cycles and...
I had the regular cosleeper, and used it as a bassinette, not as a sidecar to the bed for exactly the reasons you mention in your post. My bed was too high and the cosleeper was lower. We did lower the one rail and attach it to the bed, which was nice because I could look in on sleeping baby really easily, but it was very hard to pick up baby from a semi-reclined position on my bed, especially with weak pp abs! After about a week, I ended up using it as a bassinette next...
The thing that made the biggest difference to me was planning out and cooking my meals in advance on Sundays. And I mean cooking EVERYTHING. If I wanted burgers on Tuesday, I would grill them on sunday and assemble them in tupperwares with all the pickles, tomatoes, condiments, whatever, so that it was literally just a heat and eat style meal, like a tv dinner. If you want to make a meal in the crockpot, cut and assemble all of your ingredients on your day off so you can...
Quote: Originally Posted by MeepyCat (I strongly recommend a hands-free bra too. And this is shallow, but you mention being stressed - a hands free bra and a trashy novel in my pumping kit made pumping sessions even kind of relaxing some days.) Or try this trick from kelly mom. This and being able to surf the web makes my pumping breaks relaxing and stress free! http://www.kellymom.com/bf/pumping/h...e-pumping.html
[QUOTE=Halfasianmomma;14887305] My DD also refused any kind of bottle, but I later found out that I have high lipase and that my milk tasted pretty horrible when I gave it to her without scalding it. QUOTE] This happened to me too. I noticed it about 2 weeks before I went back to work, and my DS is 7.5 mo now and I still have to scald my pumped milk. So if your baby won't take a bottle, you may want to try scalding the milk before you store it. I use Gerber Nuk...