or Connect

Posts by mama de dos

Thanks for your reply, Karen and congratulations on completing your CNM!  I will pass your info to my friend so she can contact you for more info if she would like to.    Thanks again!
Hi everyone,   I'm hoping you awesome mamas here can help me to help a friend!  She lives in the Boone area and is expecting her 2nd baby soon.  She is *really* wanting a VBAC and needs an awesome doula to support her.    Could you please send me your recommendations for great doulas in this area?    Thank you so much!!
Hi there, I just started a tetanus series with my otherwise unvaxxed kids as well.  Ds2 has had 2 of the 3 and DD has had 1 so far.  DS1 had the initial series as an infant, then we stopped vaxxing him.  I just recently had him get the booster.   You can sort of get a tetanus 'only' shot in the US.  I say 'sort of' because it's tetanus with the diphtheria component.  Your child's age will determine whether he'll get the TD or the Td.  (the big D is for younger...
OK, yet another stalker checking in on you!  :)   CONGRATULATIONS!!  I am so happy he's here and that you had such an awesome birth.  YAY!!!  I'm smiling from ear to ear here in my kitchen.  Enjoy your sweet baby and have a great babymoon.    Hugs!   PS- baby boys are soooo very sweet!  You will love being a mama to a boy! 
Congratulations on your pregnancy!  I wanted to type a quick response, though I wish I had more time.  I strongly  encourage you to talk to an experienced doula in the area (like gemasita!) who can guide you toward less interventive practitioners and hospitals.  You ABSOLUTELY may refuse anything you want!  YOU call the shots here, not your OB, perinatologist, endocrinologist, or anyone else!  YOU are in charge of your body and your baby and if any of your providers sees...
hey again, Just let me know if you want more details about my friend who had 2 births reimbursed w/state bcbs.  i'm happy to hook you up w/her for info.  She's highly organized and persistent, so she's a good one to know for stuff like this!! PM me if you'd like and we can talk....  :)
gemasita, just fyi and hopefully peace of mind,  I have a friend here who had a birth w/your midwife 15 mos ago.  She is also covered by BCBS state employees and she got reimbursed.  I don't *think* she applied before hand, just had N send in the stuff afterwards.  I don't think she had any problems.  She also had a birth w/N 6 yrs ago w/the same insurance and didn't have problems w/reimbursement.  I've had 2 births w/N and the 1st was w/BCBS, though not the state...
glad you found a house and a connection!  Where is the Mellow Mushroom??  What area are you moving to?    There is a good Thai place down in Murrells Inlet where we get tofu dishes if you're at all close to there.  It's called Blue Elephant.  It doesn't look like much from the outside, but is very nice inside.  The owner is Thai and the food is fresh and authentic.  We love to go there when we visit.  My parents have actually traveled to Thailand twice on trips the...
I grew up in SC (not MB) and now my parents live in the Pawley's area. (about 30 min straight down Hwy 17) I have a hard time when I go there re food and such (no Whole Foods or anything like that,) but the selection in the grocery stores is improving year by year I notice.  It is decidedly NOT a crunchy or alternative place, but I'm sure there are some like minded people out there, you may just have to look harder.  :)   In general the vibe is very...
Yes! We cross-posted and I was happy to see your reply. We've just never seen her, but I'm happy to hear good things about her in case we need to see her in the future. It's good to know she has a child, too. It's not a deal-breaker, but I think it does make a difference. I meant to say, too, that both the tetanus vaxes we got were the single dose vials, as well, not the (cheaper) multi-dose vials that have more mercury in them. I know some people who have had...