or Connect

Posts by Lorene

DH and I started Atkins at new years. The pounds are falling off and sugar cravings are GONE! I cannot reccomend this enough if you have problems with sugar.
I put it on ds's chicken pox lesions to help them heal faster and without scarring...
If you add too much soy flour, that could make it bitter...A loaf can only take a tablespoon or so
Recently added vegetarian as an alternative to meat. We only eat small quantities of meat but DH like tofu so I tried it. It was so easy. And cheap. I was SO surprised how easy it was. I don't think we'll ever be 100% bcs I too feel better with some meat in my diet. Now I'm trying to lower the dairy products in our diet. We all have problems with cows milk protein. We can get great goat milk/cheese/yogurt here so with a little effort I can pretty much switch over.
Sonds like from this informal survey that girls are quicker with language than boys. DS didn't say a word until he was 22 mos. I was so worried. But he swims, skis, bikes etc. Guess it's true what they way about verbal vs physical development. I do see that he works on one thing at a time. And he's growing up bi-lingual which really slows things down but I'm sure will be worth it in the end...
this thread is so funny...and sad. When I was home I couldn't believe all the non-food items in the store. It was stacked to the ceiling. Snack cakes, fried chips, fat, sugar and artifical flavor and color. You wouldn't put substandard fuel in your car why would you do that to your (or your kid's) body!!!? My vote for yuckkiest food is all baby food in those little jars. Even the organic fruit here was so full of citric acid as a preservative that it tasted...
Smilemomma, we must be on line at the same time.. His dob is 29 May 99 so he's 3 and about 3 months. It's just so hard for me. He chipped a front tooth at 13 months-the same tooth I knocked out when I was three. And now the tooth beside it is pointing back, some. And now he can't take bottles. That was how I kept him hydrated. I've tried every kind of cup imaginable and he just doesn't drink! I am so worried about him becoming constipated. With potty training...
...okay this is the 2nd time I've 'lurked' here. My 3 yr old DS would have a playdate every afternoon if it were up to him. He has stuff scheduled 4 mornings a week. ALL of his friends are his age. I am a loner and he is just very very social and an only child. I've been wrestling with this issue too. So a special playdate once a week is okay? That can't be right for him. Now it's 1-2 times a week (in additon to 3 mornings school, swimming and gymnastics) he would be...
Smilemomma, His tooth is actually moving back. It's been three weeks and he seems to be fine.
Arduinna, Is there any other deck besides the A E Waite deck? I find it so easy to read - like 'Dick & Jane'. I would love to be able to read either the beautiful Crowley deck or the Jung one but it just isn't as easy. I collect Tarot card decks and I think the Crowley deck is the most beautiful but very hard to read. I love Jung's symbology but saying that the Waite deck is just the easiest thing for me to read.