or Connect

Posts by mamaroni

We have made the decision to split and plan to start a nesting arrangement soon while we hammer out all the divorce details.  It makes a lot of sense to keep the kids here, with each of us rotating out.  Our kids are 9 (grade 4), 11 (grade 6) and 13 (grade 8). We also have 3 cats and a dog.  I have been a full-time SAHM since Fall 2011 (but have taught 5-6 yoga classes per week for the past 5 years).  We've lived in this neighborhood since 2004.   We have...
I'm going through this now.  Really great info here!
Quote: Originally Posted by Spark just offering hugs & support. we were in our march 2004 ddc together. So was I. I remember everything you went through with the twins. It sounds like you've gotten some great resources here. Things will get better. Hang in there mama.
Quote: Originally Posted by glendora Personally, I don't/won't, 'cause I don't honestly like it. But, assuming I had hyperemesis, it would certainly be worth a shot. Which is to say that I think it should be treated like any other herbal medication. I think that using mj medicinally and using it recreationally gives the user two totally different outcomes, if you will. So if you don't like it in a recreational sense, don't rule it out...
Quote: Originally Posted by chinaKat The vast majority if exercise *is* recreational. For many people, doing yoga is fun, relaxing, improves their sex life, etc. I don't think we should overlook that fact, even though lots of people are pointing out other potential uses. I changed marijuana to exercise, and smoking pot to yoga. Read this way, it seems ridiculous. so because people are having fun and improving their sex lives, we should...
Quote: Originally Posted by chinaKat Do you really think that everybody that smokes pot does it medicinally? Do you really think that those who do should be denied that right because of a social stigma? Just because some people will use it recreationally means nobody can use it? All sorts of legal drugs are abused every day. It's been said repeatedly on this thread that it's not about getting high or stoned. And even if some people use it...
sigh. eliminating dairy and gluten. I would love to do that. But dd is a *very* particular eater, and truly only eats a very few things. cereal and toast being 2 main things. I know we really should make an effort in that area though. I already stress and worry about her eating habits so much already.
Thanks for all the replies, and the link to the old thread gitti. I am trying most everything. We do the garlic drops, I've used grapefruit seed extract, and I took her to the chiropractor twice. We're doing massage and using warm compresses. She won't let me use the saline nose drops anymore. I also took her back to the ped -- her hearing loss just seemed so serious. anyway, the ped confirmed that her ears are full of fluid. In order to determine if the hearing...
Great stuff! Thank you. I will make a chiro appt for her, and now that you mention the massage I do remember learning that when my ds was a toddler. I will start that right away. As for dairy, she has about 1/2 cup milk a day (takes cereal in her lunchbox) and some cheese. I wonder how I'd find a cranial therapist in my area? Maybe the chiro would know?
I am getting worried about my 6 yo dd. She has been sick pretty much since Thanksgiving. She was down with a fever that whole weekend. After that, she had a cough for a while. All the while she's very stuffed up. Around new year's she got sick again, ran a fever for several days, was sick enough that I took her to the ped and she missed a whole week of school. She had strep and an ear infection. I agreed to abx to which she had an allergic reaction. We stopped the abx of...