or Connect

Posts by EdenLove

We loooove our Vitamix!!! I use it probably 2-5 times per day, seriously. It gets the most use of anything. You know, you can juice in the Vitamix. I do it sometimes when I don't feel like using our juicer - kind of a pain sometimes with all the parts, etc. The Vitamix is easier. Just fill up the container with whatever veggies/fruits you want (I usually do celery, cucumber, apple, lemon, ginger, kale), add some water, and blend. Then strain this through a nut milk...
Generally, the point of the real green smoothie is to get loads of greens, without thinking you're getting loads of greens. I think the Green Smoothie thing was really started by Victoria Boutenko, who wrote a book called Green for Life - she also just came out with a book called Green Smoothie Revolution. She found that even raw fooders weren't eating enough greens, and they are SO important in our diet - we all need to be eating lots and lots of greens for optimal...
Yes! It's totally possible! Add to that list raw, and you've got us! We do try to do as much organic as possible. Before we had our daughter we ate all organic, but since I've had to stop working so much and take major pay cuts, we just can't afford to do 100%. So, we do the low pesticide fruits/veggies conventional from the EWG list, like bananas, avocadoes, etc... We definitely do organic greens, apples, peaches, strawberries, etc. As for local - we joined a CSA...
Raw vegan mama here! Been 80-100% or so for the past 4 years. My partner has also been mostly raw for about 3-ish years, and our one year old daughter is also raw vegan, we've never given her anything cooked. She seems to be thriving so far - she also gets plenty of breastmilk! As far as the raw baby/child thing goes, I've definitely had my concerns. I do feel it's the right thing for us, but children have different nutritional needs than adults, and I've been doing a...
Is it true (I think I've read here) that the eczema can get slightly worse before it gets better, once you're eating the right things/on the right track? Indigo's eczema didn't look so great today, but I've been off the gluten completely for a few days, so I'm hoping it's going to get better from here?
I just had my daughter tested for allergies because she has some eczema on the side of her face, a little on her scalp, and she rubs her eyes a lot. It turns out it's been wheat, barley, oats and rye - gluten, basically - in my diet. Her poops have always been fine, and she goes about once a day on average. So, things seem fine, digestive-wise, although I guess if there's an allergy then something is not quite right with the gut (yours and theirs) and will need some...
Thanks, mamas... I take her in the shower with me or bathe her between 2-6 times/week, not for too long - water isn't too hot, I haven't been using any soap on her. The lotion and soap I occasionally use are Nature's Baby Organics, which are supposed to be really gentle - the mom that created them had daughters with allergies and eczema. My supplements are allergen-free. I actually have an allergy to all nuts except for almonds and macadamias, so I have been eating...
anyone? any thoughts? please?
Hello all... I'm trying to figure out what's going on here. My daughter is 6 mo. old and is exclusively breastfed - although I did give her some tastes os avocado recently, but this was happening before that. She has had this patch of what I believe is eczema on the side of her face, and she also still has some cradle cap and itchy eczema-ish spots on her scalp. I'm thinking it's something I am eating??? I already don't do dairy or eggs - we're vegan. I wasn't eating...
We have many too... We call her Love, Love-Muffin, Muffin-Cakes, Baby-Love, Sweetness, Sugar, Sugar-Plum, Sugar-Cakes, Buttercup, Honey, Honey-Bun, Honey-Pie, Darlin', Little One, Sweet Pea... And also, a Little __________ (fill in the blank with whatever she seems to be doing a lot of. Lately I've been calling her our Little Drooler!)