or Connect

Posts by Bippity

Welcome! I had my first (& only) at 42 & 3/4.
Hmmmm... I don't know if it'd work for you, but with my DD whenever she starts the whiney thing I just say, "I can't understand you, why don't you take a deep breath, and try again in a calm voice. If she keeps whining I just get this very confused look on my face, like whaaaa...t? I had to decide to never answer a whine - it's a foreign language in our house, we call it "Whinese" and we don't speak that language. Of course, when it's a whine, like "I don't feel...
It is crunchy heaven here!! Which I did NOT know when I moved from Chicago - 5 yrs. ago. I just love it - finally a place where I feel like I actually belong! Where you can walk the outdoor mall & see Mama's BFing peacefully and slings of every type! Where I could actually find a church that welcomes ALL people and doesn't even care that DH is an atheist and attends church with us AND he likes it! I secretly know that a few of the crunchiest Mothering mamas live...
No snow? Any ice?? We're in cville & have maybe 1/2" of pure ICE and there's no sunshine here - just more rainy sleety stuff. Congrats!
Happy Birthday to the Valentine babies! I almost forgot - one of my friend's kids is a Valentine baby, too and she's turning 18 today! I remember when she was born - what a cutie. Now, she's cute, just not sooo sweet - she's a strong willed, independent woman of the new millenium - watch out world! Brittany Marie Valentine (last name omitted) is on her way to great things!
I'd be afraid RATS got at it instead of some machine -Sorry, but I'd throw it away. :
I just wanted to share the love and wish everybody a Happy Valentines Day! I hope your day is filled with love and caring! So, I'd love to hear about the love you have in your life! Let's talk about what's good! Or, if you are wanting to find more love, maybe think about your hopes & dreams and, if you dare, your plans for bringing it on home! Personally, I'm just so madly in love with DH (and our DD) - our home life is safe, content, and generally happy. ...
It's pretty easy to get it replaced. I once had somebody smash in my car window overnight - came out in the morning to a car full of glass bits. I put a big blanket & a piece of cardboard over the seat & drove the whole thing to the window shop. I didn't have a shop vac to get the glass out. I waited while they fixed it - it took maybe an hour or so and they cleaned up all the glass. It ended up being like $100 or so, but again, that was a few years ago. I still...
Last time we lost a remote, DD had hidden it on the floor of the coat closet - where she had been building a "nest". It was under a blanket & a pillow! Check the back corners of the closets.
: These days practically any threats made in school - esp. about a teacher and involving a gun - even a picture of a gun - are taken so seriously because you they just cannot know what the kids' intentions were. Were they deadly serious or just poking fun? How can anybody know without being in the teen's mind? People have paid with their lives when these things were just blown off, and so schools would rather over react and be found out wrong later on, than under...