or Connect

Posts by iixivboots

We got like actually haha laughs last night, not just little giggles and excited squeals. It was the coolest thing ever. I was holding his legs up and then letting them go and making explosion noises, and I did it like five times in a row and he laughed. Now it's no longer funny, we've tried and we need new material. :) I am so mad we didn't get it on video, my husband was like "I thought about it but the light was bad" but the camera was right there and it was the...
His sleep pattern is pretty reliable, but we do have off days where he won't go back to sleep after waking up for his morning feeding, or where he wakes up in the middle of the night to feed. He sleeps in a pack n play by our bed currently and I think we're going to be moving his crib into our room next weekend.   Between 12 and 2 a.m. -- goes down for the night Between 5:30-7:30 a.m. -- wakes up for a feed, usually back to sleep right after Between 10 and 11...
Lyle is kind of an upper-lip tucker and sometimes i wonder if he has an upper lip tie. I am going to go see this pediatrician who is also a LC if I can get an appointment with her soon. It's kind of weird because I'm looking at switching right at his well baby 4 month, but I want to see if I like her before I get all the records transferred and we're vaxing so that, too. hm. But hopefully she'll check for lip/tongue ties. Nursing hasn't been too painful but sometimes I...
So I am starting to get nervous about using the mini cosleeper since it only has one mesh side, so I thought it's time to set up the pack n play. Then we found out the pack n play bassinet has a weight limit of 15 lbs, which I'm pretty sure is what he is right now. We have a really small bedroom and I don't think I'm going to be able to get out of bed if we put the crib in here. We are just NOT ready for him to leave our room, at all, I would not sleep and I'd end up...
Interesting reading all the name-reactions! VV, I just can't imagine little Miss Serious-pants Quinn as anything but Quinn! It suits her so well.   I saw that there is a mobile mothering and I'm going to download it on my android. Can't wait. I was considering buying a forum app but didn't want to spend the money. My first thought was why wasn't this here when we were all pregnant!?!? Hehe. 
Wow, that book looks great.   I am so amazed and proud to know all you who are balancing baby and work right now. Truly amazing.   I have an interview next week for a weekend gig helping a teaching fellows program select candidates. Will be good for a little dough and to keep the resume updated. It's still SO uncertain whether I will be returning to my school next fall. I still have keys and my classroom isn't cleaned out. I don't think my (sort of former)...
OMG, Sally, you guys look awesome! I LOVE the hotdog. Looks very toasty!
Sol, that's good info, we'll keep plugging away.   So my husband's best friend and his wife just had a baby (as in it was announced on FB ten minutes ago)  and it's so funny I had to call my husband to tell him that I couldn't believe all the "great name" comments they were getting, we got barely any! The new baby's name is Oscar which I do love (Oscar Wilde is my favorite) but in my opinion Lyle is better, ha! Of course we picked a name that was most popular in the...
  YES. An hour a day, ugh! Not happening here. He screams bloody murder. He has reflux so I really hate to do it to him. He has developed most of his neck/head strength by being carried over our shoulders in "burp" hold, or being held in a sitting position. I don't know. I know what's recommended but I also have heard from some moms that around 3-4 months their babies stopped hating it so much, so I am waiting. I saw that you can do tummy time on a yoga ball and we were...
Caly, Jeff's mom sent us a peapod outfit similar to that but it was just TOO hot. It was 88 here on Halloween!   So I paid $5 for a professional image at our mom's group Halloween party, and I wish you could see his costume more since it was my creation! Oh well, supporting a WAHM.       So I have officially extended my leave through the end of the school year. I feel great about it but there are some weird thing that are haunting me. (Never happy, right?)...