or Connect

Posts by RunnerDuck

I'm just wondering if by uninsured you mean completely without access to medical coverage that would require you to stiff the hospital/doctor on the bill?  Are you hoping to have a (free) home birth to avoid obtaining state medical coverage of some sort?  I am only asking because, god forbid, you did have a home birth and something were to go wrong either immediately or in the days that followed, would you be able to seek medical care?
i have a bob dualie and a big ass...  but i mostly use my stroller for walks in the cemetery, tons of people around but they don't bother me and i don't bother them ;)  
We see Sharon Cowden at Children's Community Pediatrics http://www.cc-peds.net/pgh/cowden.shtm - it's nearish the NA high school off of 19. Going on my 4th kid here I tend to take pedi's advice with a grain of salt... ie I will politely listen but if it doesn't work for us I won't won't say anything but I won't put it into practice, either. Ie the doc is there for shots and sickness, not parenting advice. We fully vax (though we're behind, and she's OK with that) -...
There are tons of Amish in Pennsylvania, not just in Lancaster. Off the cuff I'd assume if you go to Lancaster with it being THE tourist hot spot for Amish goods you're not going to get the best prices. I might consider looking elsewhere in PA. Sorry I don't have any specific names of places to try but I would look outside of Lancaster area! There are lots of places near me selling Amish sheds and swing sets... maybe they could help you...
I thought there was a 12th grade class there now, and when it leaves, the Schenley school will be no more. Checking the PPS website somehow it seems I am living a year in the past LOL Yup, I have been inside the old factory. Pretty cool!!! Alas no wonderful smells lingering... but it's been a good 10+ years since they closed, so I guess that's to be expected.
Is it open? I thought it was still called Schenley at Reizenstien. Schenley used to be the IB school, I had a friend who went there when it was in the old building and loved it. I went to Reizenstein for OVT way back when the nabisco factory was still working... it used to smell SO good over there then. Yeah, I crossed 2 rivers! The mon and the allegheny. I don't know what we were thinking, LOL
Yes Pittsburgh is beautiful. Both the city itself with its amazing variety in topography (from level land to so steep you wonder how they could have built a house or a road - we have some sidewalks that are STEPS because the roads are so steep LOL) to the surrounding countryside... In the fall the Laurel Highlands are about the most amazing place on earth - we had our wedding at a ski resort in October and I can't imagine a more perfect setting. You should try to get...
Native Yinzer here. If you're into SCA there is a group that meets at the corner of Washington Blvd and where Butler becomes Allegheny River Blvd. (technically I guess this is Highland Park) I don't know who runs this group, I am not in it, but I drive by it a lot when they are out and practicing/acting/playing. CMU used to have an SCA organization, more than likely still does. For Pagan stuff the Unitarian Church in Shadyside used to have a group (CUUPS) that met...
Probably going to switch to womancare @ passavant, as I just met another mom at the park who goes there and she is also hoping for a vbac and she says so far they have been great. She is due in Nov so if they pull something at the last minute I will still have plenty of time to pull anchor LOL I haven't made an appt yet though... I have my 1st trimester screen this week as ordered by the midwives and I feel like I better get that over with so they are still officially...
Yeah they still have the north hills phone number listed, and that is where I called first, but they are closed. Which was a bummer.