or Connect

Posts by justthinkn

Just starting ours up at cardinalaltlearning.wordpress.com - dd is 4.5, ds 6 months, so we're obviously relaxed. I think this will be the most natural & motivating way for me to track what we're doing... Excited to check out other blogs!
So glad it helped!  We're sticking with it until/ unless it doesn't work anymore.
Free curriculum I have saved as PDF on iPad so it doesn't even have to be printed out! I call it math games with DD b/c that's truly what it feels like. Have to adjust for home context at points but that hasn't felt too difficult. I adjust "stories" behind math games to fit books, manipulatives I have, what DD is interested in... Some manipulatives to buy but not all at once. Really enjoying it, just 10-15 minutes 3-4x per...
Oh, right start math books (math stories) are fun!
At that age, with a DD who sounds similar, we let her play on star fall for just a bit a day, and stocked up on games to play (plenty of math there), a kitchen math book with game ideas, puzzles of course, tangrams, probably started getting high five magazine... But it was mostly everyday life stuff like cooking, dramatic play, reading mountains of library books. She's learned and developed lots, but not so much in a way that needs lots of formal learning supplies. And...
Hope it's okay if I join! DD is 4.5, and we're planning on homeschooling. Her two big things lately - she's a reader, hooray (but I think it freaks her out) and she's a second generation Star Wars nerd . she picked up some Bob books from the library around September, loved them, and so we've been steadily reading through them ( or steadily as possible given new baby). But when I mentioned that we could move to learning/practicing with Frog and Toad, etc., next, tears,...
Another lurker here! I have a strong lit-based leaning that seems compatible with my 4.5 yo DD so far, so we bring piles of library books home regularly on different topics that come up or just by great authors. Most days I try to work in a little reading and writing practice (bob books, HWT) b/c she's really motivated, and a math game and art activity for fun. Sometimes more, sometimes less, and then of course there's the stuff that's learning in everyday life or...
Ingesting peppermint can also harm supply, so I've been avoiding it topically, too.
At this age, I don't think much stimulation is required, and it's easy to overdo it! Some favorites around here: little songs with gentle movements, baby wearing while dancing to music, just changing the view by moving around the house, whether in arms or bouncer, play gym, etc. Tummy time, obviously. Mirroring baby's sounds and faces... You can sign up for little weekly emails on lots of baby websites for activity ideas by stage of development, but I always have to...
So sorry it's still hard! There's some good info about weaning off supplements at lowmilksupply.org, as well as info about the finish at breast method that I sort of use with the SNS. (I give a couple minutes for my initial letdown, then when baby is getting a little bored/frustrated, give supplement, then finish at breast.) Reading your post I also thought about all the ways you might try to keep baby going at breast longer- compressions, massaging, walking while...