or Connect

Posts by justthinkn

That actually seems like a pretty short night to me - normally 8.5-9.5 hours? "They" say LOs that age usually (keyword usually) need more like 11 hrs. Of course that may not be the case for your LO, but I wonder if there might be an earlier window of sleepiness that could be caught so that LO would sleep earlier, longer and maybe still wake up a bit earlier? How many naps is your LO taking these days?
How do you decide what boundaries to enforce and where to flex? I flex a lot... So much so that every once and a while I feel like DD always gets her way. I want to flex with her, but it's so frustrating that everything I need to do has to be at her pace, when she's ready... And even as I type that, I know that I still get to make lots of decisions that she can't, like she wants to go outside and at least half the time I say "later" (and yes, we do go outside...
Yes - it's important to me that we have family time in the morning before DH goes to work, and that includes the 15m DD and DH get together pottying and dressing her - while I get 15m to myself! Wakeup is the only "scheduled" moment in our day, but it does help to keep the other sleeptimes pretty regular, following her cues. We do it on weekends, too, to help DD's bodyclock stay regular... We are willing to flex by 30m in either direction if we need to, like a later...
My DD is peeing less - but I assume it's b/c she's hot and sweating more! I decide whether or not to be concerned by color as well - looking for pale "straw" colored urine.
I think it's complicated, not a simple "just personality" or "just how I parented"... And it's more important to look back and ask if you've been responsive to your LO's needs and cues. For instance, it sounds like you think your LO would like to be able to get back to sleep on his own now. Suppose that's true, your momma instincts are dead-on - that could just mean he's ready now, it doesn't necessarily mean you screwed up in the past! You could try being a gentle,...
Uh-oh - if taste is a big deal to you, you'll hate goat's rue - it's AWFUL! Tho I took it so long I got used to it
I love those stories - that's what kept me going when I first realized I wasn't ever going to get a full supply - my friend who dealt with it the whole first year, but was able to back off formula and keep nursing once enough solids were part of the diet! She's still going now with her DS at 26 mo's. Light at the end of the tunnel!
SleepyMamaBear, I'm with you until the last sentence, and appreciate knowing your backstory. It's definitely a valid point that one can feel guilt later if they feel they made an unwise or underinformed decision - sorry you had to deal with that.
We did what the PP did at around 13mo's, b/c nursing to sleep was no longer working - it was about the same time we dropped down to one nap. We do a routine, I would nurse for the same 3 songs, then say "snuggles go night night." DD would fuss for a second, then want to leave the futon to play. I would patiently pull her back and say "we stay in bed." Over and over, just laying there calmly with my eyes shut or pulling her back in gently. She would eventually roll and...
I'm sorry, I think there is a fine line in this case between encouragement and inducing guilt. If this were me, I would feel burdened by comments like "if you want your baby to get the very best for him..." That's just my take - I know the PP's advice was given with best intentions, and I'm sure the OP can discern for herself whether it's useful for her family. But I feel it's worth mentioning, b/c as mama's and esp. as mama's with low supply, we're so vulnerable to...