or Connect

Posts by Divina

Thanks! Last night, he volunteered to make a salad for dinner 'cause DH was tired (DH's night to cook--he bought a rotisserie chicken and made rice). Tonight is DS's night to cook. He wants to make buffalo burgers and fries.
I think a therapist can be very useful if you feel like you are "stuck" with an issue and can't move through it on your own. I have also found classes, workshops and the like to serve a similar function. I don't have a regular therapist, but DH has a counselor he goes to see whenever he feels like he needs help with a particular problem. He doesn't see her all the time. Just because you now think your reasons for marrying and having a family were "dysfunctional" doesn't...
You're welcome. I hope things go well for you. I know my advice might have sounded harsh, but I firmly believe blood ties confer no right to abuse.
We don't have cable, and we have certain times for watching (although we'll make exceptions, like when DS had pneumonia). It's very convenient as a "babysitter", I do understand that. If you don't have it on all the time for "background noise", that helps. If you don't like it too quiet, put on some music.
Yay! I read the whole thread! My coworkers sure looked at me funny when I started laughing so hard I cried, but, oh well .... My questioins are: Will I ever acheive a similar level of wisdom and smart-aleckness as the fabulous kama'aina mama? and ... what about Naomi? (Okay, that last one probably gives away my age, but I'm amazed no one asked it yet.)
My DH and I are both bi, so we are both on the "of course it's okay!" side of things. You have to abide by whatever agreements you and DP have about your relationship, i.e. monogamous or poly, etc. But if you were het and in a monogamous relationship, you would still probably notice/appreciate cute guys, you just wouldn't approach them for a sexual relationship. Same for being bi in a monogamous relationship--you can acknowledge your sexuality and allow yourself the...
We have finally decided on a couple we are close friends with. The mom went to high school with DH. They are not quite as AP as we are, but are loving and wonderful folks, and are "AP enough". They live near us, so our boys wouldn't have to go to a strange part of the country, and would still be near DH's family. Now we have to get it in writing! And we do plan to have them be financially compensated in some way for taking on our kids, if they need to.
I just had to post about this, it's nice to have something positive instead of a problem! A couple of weeks ago, DH, DS1 and I sat down to discuss household chores. I recently went back to work full time. We talked about each of our schedules and made 2 lists, one of chores that need to be done every day and one of chores that need to be done once or twice a week. Then we split them up. James (DS1) chose emptying the dishwasher and taking out the trash and recycling...
I started talking to my DD very explicitly about sex and birth control by the time she was 11 or 12. I opened it up, however, by getting her a couple of very good books aimed at young girls. She read them (as did I) and we used them as a basis for discussion. At first, she was insulted--"I'm not interested in sex yet, Mom!" Then I explained to her that I wanted to her to have all the information and understood it before she really needed to know it. She understood that...
Quote: Originally Posted by catnip Um, my PP gives out name brand condoms, usually Lifestyles or Trojans. Are you saying that most give out special PP condoms? The PP here, does brand names, too. A variety. So did the report say which ones were rated poorly? Or was there some generic PP "brand" they were rating? Oh, you might want to suggest to him that he also carry the individual applicators of spermicidal jelly. Using that greatly...