or Connect

Posts by Divina

My DD introduced me to FLB. I've read Dangerous Angels, but nothing else yet. I'm waiting for DD to finish Necklace of Kisses! I'll have to track down the other titles y'all have mentioned ... I don't really know what character I identify most with, as it has changed depending on what I'm reading and when. I guess I'll just have to reread and get back to you!
I love Hathor! But I'd never been to the website before--thanks for the link!
Anne Shirley from Anne of Green Gables has endured as a role model for me throughout my life, since I first read the book when I was, oh, ten of eleven. I have the whole series, and there are a number of other characters I love. I even have conversations in my head with them! I'll do housework and be "talking" to Anne and Marilla ... okay, maybe I shouldn't have admitted that. The last one in the series, "Rilla of Ingelside", is about Anne's youngest daughter coming of age...
I have had to learn "small talk", and it doesn't always come easily to me. I have found it easier when I think of it as the "opening ritual" to possible further, more interesting conversation. It's the introductory survey before taking a more intensive class. Also, I have a hard time making myself go to parties, etc. if I won't know people. I try to make myself go when I will know at least a few people, so that I don't totally retreat into my cave. I have social...
You know what? You need to quit worrying about her feelings. She doesn't give a hoot about yours, except in how she can manipulate them. Forget about her feelings. Classic stalker's ploy--make their target feel guilty about refusing contact. Feeling sorry for her is getting you and her nowhere. If you totally cut off contact, she may eventually be forced to realize she needs help ... or not. It's not your responsibility. And she'll claim hurt feelings no matter what,...
Can I just point out that, if you ruin your health and sanity, you will be in no position to help anyone at all?I know you feel guilty about the idea of dropping any of this--you don't mention it, but it's pervasive in your post. Read the recommended books and learn that saying "no" is not only essential to your health and sanity, it is very often the most loving thing you can do for the other person! (Often we feel compelled to "help" when the other person actually needs...
Is there anything going on in your lives that might be making her feel insecure, or in need of more physical contact with you? When our schedule changes, my little one often seems to need to nurse more often for a while, like it's reassuring him that mama is still there for him. In my case, trying to set limits and deny nursing backfired--it made him more insecure and clingy. Going back to nursing on demand, after a few days of being constantly in the easy chair, settled...
Quote: Originally Posted by busybusymomma Unfortunately, some Christians aren't very supportive of breastfeeding either... but I hope to see that change (and I'm getting ready to stick a Jesus was breastfed! window cling on my van :LOL). Can busybusymomma or anyone else tell me where to find this window cling, or bumper sticker? Thanks. I don't know much about Scientology, but the remarks quoted seem based on old ('40s-'50s) sexist ideas...
Hi, Anna-Liza here. Wife to Ken (recently), have 2 teens who were nursed to past 1 year each (I would have gone longer if I'd known it was "okay"). Rowan is about to turn 4 and is still nursing at bedtime. Brendan is a year and a half and is still nursing on demand. I'm beginning to consider gently moving toward weaning Rowan, but haven't made any decision about it yet.
Don't want my toes stepped on ... but somebody wanna rub 'em? OOooooh, that's nice!