or Connect

Posts by Divina

If nothing else works, you can burn epsom salts and alcohol. Put them in something like a cast iron pan with some kind of insulating thing beneath it. Light it and get out. (Keep an eye on it from some distance--it's kind of harsh, but you want to make sure nothing else catches fire). You may have to do it in each room, or just open all the doors and do it on each floor. It's kinda harsh, if they'll leave with more gentle persuasion, try it. Also you can use this to "clean...
Well, I'm a big fan of king size beds, but cost is definitely an issue. We have our king mattress (no box spring) on the floor, and a small foam "flip bed" next to it, between the king and the wall. This works great for us. (We have 2 kids sleeping with us). DH usually sleeps on the outside, the baby and I trade off being next, and the three-year-old sleeps on the king when he wants to cuddle and on the flip bed when he wants more room ... this is, I have to say, a fluid...
I also sun in Colorado. My new house doesn't have a clothesline (and no good place to put one), so I've been machine drying. I think the diapers are definitely softer, although I did sometimes throw them in the dryer for a tumble after sun-drying them before, and that would help. Not a full dryer cycle, just a short one with a damp towel. BTW, I've learned to live with stains. They don't show, so I don't worry about it.
Mine all seem to be fat little chunks right up until they start walking, then slim down. My youngest has slimmed all over, and even was able to wear a dressy suit for our wedding in July that was so tight we couldn't button the cuffs for photos last Chrismas. So he's been in the same size diapers since he was about 6 months old--they fit him differently now, but they still fit. The configuration of how I snap them is different.
I don't teach "don't talk to strangers" either. I do teach "don't go anywhere with anyone without checking with me or daddy first, in person". When DD was taking karate (around age 6) her teacher included general self-defense stuff, like role playing the kinds of things people might try to lure a kid away. One of the big ones was, "I've got some puppies/kittens in my car, want to come see?" And they would act out what a kid should do--run away and find a safe adult, or, if...
Answering for DH, as he doesn't do the forums. He takes them out all the time. He picks them up from daycare and will frequently go run some errands before coming home. He has a regular "date" with Rowan to walk to the donut store on Sunday mornings, and recently started taking Brendan along in the backpack. Rowan usually likes to ride his trike. And he takes one or both most times he needs to go out for something, unless there's a good reason not to. He loves to have...
Does he have models to see more appropriate and constructive ways to express himself? Or are there people around him he sees using these methods that get what they want consistently? Frankly, I would probably go see another counselor. It doesn't seem that constant lying, manipulating, and outbursts are healthy for anyone.
Well, Rowan will be 4 this month, and it's just in the last month to 6 weeks that he's been mostly reliable about the potty. He finally decided he was ready to use the potty in late July. And once he decided, it went much more smoothly than when I had tried to "nudge" him before! Bribery has been a factor, I must admit. He likes wearing underpants now, but for a long time he refused to even try them on. He's just now beginning to move from the potty chair all the time to...
Hi, mellybean! I'm in an open marriage, although we're sort of putting that on hold as we both need the energy and time for other survival-related issues right now. And we're not into TPE, but we dabble in the D/s play. We are in the process of working out how much to tell our kids about, how much PDA we're comfortable with (DH is rather reserved and even prefers not to kiss me in public), stuff like that. I expect it will be evolving as long as we have kids living at home...
I second Deva Premal. Also Soulfood, Cesaria Evora (if you are okay with non-English lyrics), and the Buddha Bar collections for some variety.