or Connect

Posts by Divina

Definitely helped us. DH goes to his conselor for a few sessions whenever he's not coping well with his "usual issues". When she feels we both need to be there, we both go. That's not "normal" marriage/couples counseling, but it has been helpful to us. We also took the unusual step of going to DH's normal counselor for marriage counseling. I was willing to do this because he trusts her, and he has difficulty trusting, especially authority figures, and because I also trust...
I don't know why, but I just seem to attract pun-lovers into my life. Mostly male. (Possibly all male, but I may be forgetting someone). DH, oldest son, several friends, a former boss ... all just love to make people groan. And now I do it, too--it just started happening, I couldn't help myself, honest! So is this something that happens to you? Or are you a punster yourself? Woops, I just realized I posted in Books, and I meant to post it in TAO! I'll ask about...
I think I would leave, and I would say why, but like "I just can't listen to a baby cry that way", which is the truth. I would definitely not allow my kids to have to be there. If this group is really important to you, you could ask that the events take place after the kids are asleep in the CIO households, or that they take place in a public place (like a coffeehouse or a local yarn shop), maybe. Or host them at your house all the time, but that would be hard on you, too....
My teens don't get that dirty on a daily basis anymore, but they will if they want/need to. My 3 yo doesn't like to be sticky or wet, but doesn't mind dirt. He won't finger paint, but he'll dig. The littlest one is a dirt magnet! I have my own personal acceptance level of dirt to deal with, but I try not to let it interfere with their fun & learning. I mean, I prefer not to have a sticky, snotty face rubbed on me, but it sure doesn't have to be perfectly clean. And if the...
I'm sure there has to be info on this somewhere here, but I'm not finding it. I have some wool covers (sewn, not knit) that have old poop stains, and I'd like any advice on getting rid of them. One cover, my favorite, is a cream stretchy fabric. The others are all colored, some light, some dark. The cream one got pushed behind the other hand-wash things (which I get to when I can, as opposed to the wool covers, which I try to wash right away), and the poop sat on the...
Let's see, I CD'd my first two back in the '80s, and I am CDing my youngest 2 (although Rowan is in the middle of potty learning). So I picked 6+ years. Do you mean child-years? As in, 3 yrs for DD, 3 yrs for DS1, almost 4 yrs for DS2, and a year and a half so far for DS3? Or do I only count overlapping time once? In that case, it would be 4-5 yrs for the first two, almost 4 years for the last two. So I guess 6+ years either way ... Sorry, just thinking "out loud" here.
And don't worry too much about the uniformity of your stitches. If there's really huge differences, that could be a problem, but no one knits perfectly uniformly (except maybe my DH's grandma). The stitches will even out a lot when you block the piece.
The frustrating thing is that she was ticketed [/I]after[I] the new law went into effect. Apparently law enforcement was not informed or trained properly. And the ranger who ticketed her was female, which to me is sort of discouraging. However, this also means that a lot of women who didn't realize it is legal to BIP now know about the law! I have friends who didn't know about it.
When I was oh, 7 or 8 years old, someone slightly older tried to explain "sex" to me ... she said the people "get naked and get on top of each other". I thought for the longest time that sex was a naked man giving a naked woman a piggyback ride ... : I have no idea how old I was when the lightbulb finally went off, but it was before I actually did the deed myself. But not a real long time before.
Oh, me too, me too, I'm a book dork too! I've been sticking to light reading for a few months, as the whole wedding planning/potty learning/starting a new job thing has been rather ... stressful. I've been rereading old favorites, too. The ones I can remember right now are: Metro Girl by Janet Evanovitch--not one of her Stephanie Plum books, but quite enjoyable if you don't mind her sticking to her formula. Eleven on Top by J. Evanovitch also--I've read all the...