or Connect

Posts by oaksie68

I've been reading, but not responding d/t  the changes on MDC (kinda annoyingly frustrating!), my non-productive activity around the house (puttering around a lot, but not seeming to accomplish anything that would be noticed), and my DH actually being home for a long stretch of time (noteworthy because, as an example of the frequency of his travel, by the end of the year, he will have flown more than 75,000 miles in ONE year!).    Hugs for those who are...
Ditto, ditto, ditto. 
    I feel like I am unable to prioritize myself - I get stuck knowing that all the things that I need to track down/test and treat (metals testing, allergy testing, etc.) really will take more $$$$ than I have ATM, and the time and support constrainsts are real - I have no one really but my DH to provide the time away from my children (toddler really) and only my DH to provide the support (other than you gals here) but, TBH, he's not the best at listening and...

Jane, thank you.  Time is necessary, I know.  But it's hard sometimes when you are in the middle of it, so to speak.   Sals has been on my radar; given this and some nagging TMI poop issues with my DS (but really NO other symptoms of sals intolerance that I can tell), I have been limiting fruit, especially high sals fruit, but haven't done anything else as of yet.  I am ordering some supps that I don't have to see if they address any deficiencies. Not enough sleep...
Quote:   This is me, especially after having to try to figure out how to properly edit now.  My brain hurts, that's how out of it I am right now!       This is me also; I cannot seem to get more than just the basics done right now.   Question for you all:  When do you decide that out of nornal behavior is just your kid's personality versus an unidentified intolerance?  My DD is much better since we took her intolerances out (and I know that testing is not 100% accurate),...
Quote: Originally Posted by True Blue However, on a good note, my reaction is finally waning, I slept hours in a row last night, and I'm no longer bright red and horribly itchy. Still a little itchy, and the areas that are clearing are D-R-Y...it's almost too bad I didn't get it on my face, it's like a free chemical peel. So, so, so happy to finally be on the mend, a full week after my reaction started!!! I can empathize a little on how...
Quote: Originally Posted by changingseasons eta: And sorry for hijacking the entire chat thread today. And thanks for all your suggestions- I really do value them. I'd add some suggestions if I had some (hard for me not to be the most knowledgeable smarty pants, I'll tell ya!) Quote: Originally Posted by JaneS CS - Don't be sorry you goof! We are all right along side you, you know that! I'm in awe of what...
Quote: Originally Posted by tanyalynn Amazon has some of the bob's red mill products on sale at 30% off with subscribe and save right now. I haven't compared prices yet but a friend shared with me and I wanted to pass it on. http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm..._rd_i=52129011 Yup, I saw this too! I'm gonna get me some GF flours for sure - for example, I know that the Organic Brown Rice Flour price for four bags is OUTSTANDING! The...
Quote: Originally Posted by mamafish9 Something like that, I swear!! Fortunately, DH is on board with shorter visits, so hopefully he'll be able to take care of it without to much trauma. We had a bunch of art supplies ready for her visit (she paints, which DD loves and DH and I are awful with). The problem is that this time, DD has her own opinions about what she wants to do with the paints (startling things, like paint her pumpkin with rainbows,...