or Connect

Posts by oaksie68

Yeesh, I would be at my wits end with that! Not sure if more information of my experience/methods would be helpful, but here goes! ;-)DD, for the most part would stay in her room at night (but funnily enough, not when she was taken to her room during the day to calm down after misbehaving and/or throwing one of her epic tantrums/"freakout" sessions). But part of that could be that I gated her in her room at night until she was 4ish? (and luckily she wasn't a climber). ...
I can relate to not being able to shut one's brain down - not mine, but both my DH and DD's! DH, still to this day, fights sleep and hates to wake up. Will say, "I'm not tired!" as he climbs into bed, only to fall asleep within minutes, while I'm still trying to do so... DD, as a carbon copy of DH in many ways, has, still to this day, presented a challenge where getting to sleep/getting enough sleep is concerned! For my DD, I became quite militant about preserving her...
I debated how to vote, but I finally decided to check the flu choice for my DD (12). She was vaxed fully until 18 mo, then only had her second MMR at 5. Nothing else sense. In 2009, she had what had to be H1N1 flu, before the vax (wouldn't have vaxed even if it was available, even though she ended up missing 2 weeks of school). It was the one and only time that she has had the flu. My DS (4) has had no vaxes, and has had no VPDs. Also, on the chicken pox front: DD...
I'm sure if I thought about it I could figure out some of these that I do, but as I don't want to do that, I'll share what my DD and DS do/have done. When a child does an activity, or for example, they don't behave in the most ideal way, the end result of the discussion about that activity could be whether it was "by accident" or "on purpose". MY DD and I would have these discussions (*often*) when she was younger (starting around 3-4 years old); she confused those ...
I'm in the same boat. I had a pretty good amount of friends when I moved to my current location 10 years ago - met through a mom's group. But that group and most of the friendships cooled and/or fizzled out once the kids started going to school (and all going to different schools). I still am pretty close to one mom, and our DDs are still close friends, and my DH and her husband get along really well too. I made some friends with my DDs parents when she was in...
Mirzam - DD's Engineering class is her reason for getting up in the morning most days! So yes, by far it is her favorite class too!
Well, DD is only 12, but still LOVES to build with LEGOS (have to keep her out of the stores!) Now that she has an Engineering class in MS, where she sort of gets to "play" with LEGO-like building materials for a grade, I don't know if that will impact the LEGO usage at home, but I doubt it.
DD and DS are already back in - DD (12) started the 8th,and DS (4) started the 13th.   DD was very excited to switch to the new MS she is now attending.  She has been sooooo much better about going to bed and getting up for school (major problem in the past!).  She absolutely loves her school, and all of her classes (some are challenging, some are not).  As her MS is a STEM focused school, one of the classes she is taking is engineering using CAD.  Favorite class by...
I've just moved my daughter to a new school district MS that has a STEM focus. Apparently half of the students are out of district and about 40% have been designated as gifted. Obviously, I don't have much experience to share yet, but I am optimistic about her upcoming year ; I'm hoping she will find more students, especially girls who are interested and excel in math and science. As I just had IQ testing for DD that showed her as HG and since she has always...
16 + 28 = 44 Probably would have breastfed DD more than 16 months, but I didn't know that taking gobs of Sudafed (bad sinus problems) would tank my milk supply. Would have gone longer with DS if I hadn't had to stop so I could take some needed medications. But I feel pretty good nonetheless! Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2