or Connect

Posts by oaksie68

I'm advidly watching this thread......DS has had mushy, mostly unformed BMs for the last few months.  I give him infant strains of probiotics daily (but only about 3! CFUs - it's Natogen).  I don't think it's a food issue (DF, almost 100% GF and EF currently), and had removed various things I thought could be suspect for 1+weeks and added back in, and added, then removed, then added back in supps, to no avail.  So if I can figure out exactly what strains of...
Shannon, sorry your DD is sick again.   I get congested, and my nasal passages feel swollen, usually only at night at well.  As a matter of fact, it happened to me last night.  I think it might be a histamine thing for me, so I'll look to supp for that.  I just have to figure out exactly what is causing it, so I can supp at the appropriate times (I definitely thing that large amts of tomato do it, not sure what else.....).    
Kathy, I'm sorry you are in a low place, your family doesn't appreciate you and your efforts (at least at the moment), and that your DH is upset with you. I totally get that dark place; I get there (too often lately) when I'm not appreciated for what I do (especially when I feel like crap), and when I'm left to do the proverbial parental heavy lifting solo (when DH is gone).  I'm trying my best not to go there right now (DH has started "Travelpalooza" for 2011, and...
I live in Phoenix.  I have been taking 10,000 IU daily, and have been doing so for 16 months, starting right after I got my Vit D level results of 15!   As of a few weeks ago, my level in now in the  60's (after being in the 70's in August).  Since it's so freaking hot here in the summer, I'm actually out in the sun longer (and at peakish hours too) during the late fall/winter/early spring.  I supplement my kids most days with the following:  DD (10 yo, 90ish lbs.)...
  I've had this happen to my Vit D levels - in August I was in the 70's, and then in December, I dropped back down in to the 60's.  Now I've been on 10,000 IUs daily for about 16 months; I'm not sure about what caused the drop.  I had noticed an increase in my adrenal sxs during that time, and of course life in general is stressful, and add the holidays in there.....  My TSH was under 1, but FT3 and FT4 were normal.  I'd love to know why, tests after tests of slowing...
, my fellow Becky.
Yay Tanya for good and honest talk with DH!      Yeah, I hear you about moody girls, but mine is only 10 (11 in March)!  For moodiness, have you tried B6 with her?  I think one of the most noticible, remarkable improvements in mood for my DD has been the addition of B6  - it REALLY has helped her moods smooth out, and she  doesn't  get/stay so upset.  Let me tell you, what a joy she has been to be around lately (for the most part; she is a kid after all!).  We've really...
Happy New Year Ladiies!  Just heading off to bed now, after getting DD and her friend off to sleep (finally)!  Yawn! Good night!
I'm drooling and feeling exhausted at the same time!  Sounds delicious.   So, we made sugar cookie dough with egg and we've all had a few cookies over the last few days, and no noticible effects.  Haven't given the kids straight up eggs, because DS has had a cold.  Might make eggs tomorrow (but wait, I wanted to make english muffins first so I/we could have egg, ham and daiya cheese sandwiches.  What to do...what to do....  Now I'm drooling again....  
Geez, I really don't envy you, but I know whatever you do, it'll be yummy!  GL!  Don't know what we are having for dinner tonight either, but you have to decide sooner.