or Connect

Posts by blackbird2

Hi - I haven't read the whole thread, just the initial post and a few after.  Just wanted to offer a hug.  Sometimes I feel the same way, but other people's kids have their moments too.  And a prohibited playground in front of a 2yr old? that just sounds like a bad situation.  It sounds like you're committed to parenting in a thoughtful way and having a period of self-doubt.  You'll figure it out.
I've been having night sweats for a couple of nights now.  I don't feel overheated, I just wake up drenched and dripping all over.  Does anyone have any experience or ideas on what to do about this?   I'm 30, have an older nursling, and have controlled hypothyroidism (ie. I take medication for it, so my levels are normal).  My hormones and PMS (emotional) have really been talking to me lately, for the last couple of cycles.  I suppose this is just more of the same,...
Well, no beans this month: AF arrived this morning. BTW, holding out on testing isn't so much amazing resolve as fear of disappointment. LivingSky, we're also beyond our ideal summer window, when a new baby would have the most time with 2 parents. Continuing to TTC means I'll be on my own A LOT sooner, and I'm not sure how I feel about that. Waiting a whole nother year seems like such a long time though, and our luck might be the same. Maybe we'll just...
Hey all - I'm needing some zen thoughts over here. Here's where I am: it's CD 33 and AF is due. I had spotting a couple of days ago, but it went away. I never spot, so when I saw it, I just assumed it was AF and resigned myself to trying another month. Now I'm driving myself crazy googling implantation bleeding and the like. ARGH! Just a couple more days! I don't want to test and get a bfn.
I don't exactly have advice, but here's my experience: I got my period back at 21months. It came one month, took a month off, and has been regular every since (5 cycles). I think it's pretty normal to have some irregular periods before you even out again. I also started prenatals again around that time, so maybe the extra nutrition helped? We're still nursing on demand, which is several times a day plus a couple nighttime. you might also check out the nursing mamas...
Hi all - checking in for the weekend .... Name: Blackbird Date: 16 October 2010 Where are you in your cycle: CD 22 (of 33) Symptoms if they apply: irritable and trying not to be When are you thinking of testing: when Af is late, after the 27th Thoughts: not really - keeping distracted (or saying so to keep from thinking!) Appointments: none Any new regimes, ie herbs, medications, mantras etc: taking all 3 of my prenatal pills (full dose) Do you...
Hello. Fellow ECer here to mention that you might try skipping the nighttime pee. Somewhere around 20months DS stopped wanting to be held to pee (while nursing or not) during the night and was able to go all night without peeing, although we have not nightweaned. Best of luck finding a solution that works for your family
Hey, taxlady It's inside painting. We've been trying to get it done for a couple of weeks now, but the rooms need scraping, plastering, etc.... so it's taken longer than expected to actually get the paint on the walls. and, of course, there's work schedules and a curious 2yr old to work around. But it will all look LOTS better when we're done! Oh, and there's also things like playing outside and jumping in leaves, baking bread, cooking ... all things I love to do much...
Hello ladies A surprise pregnancy does sound nice right now, and I'm only on cycle 2! Name: blackbird Date: 8 October 2010 Where are you in your cycle: CD14 (of 33) Symptoms if they apply: plentiful CM, but not really EWCM When are you thinking of testing: cd35. oh so far away... Thoughts: People do in fact get pregnant... somehow it does all come together. Wish I knew how to do it all 'right' and make it happen. Appointments: none Any new regimes, ie herbs,...
Wow, Barefoot, that was precise! Congrats Heathenmom Smokering, good luck on the not dieing - hope you feel better soon! Name: blackbird2 Date: September 26 Where are you in your cycle: CD2 - back to the beginning Symptoms if they apply: AF When are you thinking of testing: Now that I've figured out that I have a 33 day cycle .... like Oct 29th. Thoughts: Uff, I've had a really nasty couple of days of being very depressed and teary. Although not...