or Connect

Posts by blackbird2

Just 'cause you get 1 .... I've had one period at 22months PP, and now nothing. argh. (and no, I'm not pregnant.) I was so ready to be having cycles again! No symtoms now at all - well apart from voracious chocolate consumption. About 2 weeks before my one AF, bfing drove me crazy, for those of you wondering about signs.
We've been using condoms since DS1 was born. We're planning on having another one eventually, so a surprise pregnancy would be no big deal. We've had no problems. I'd say it's not my favorite method of bc, just fits the bill best for right now. We use the lubed with spermicide ones.
Yeah, that's true Luckily, I've been to Spain a couple of times before, so I'm at least familiar with some of the basics. And all of us speak Spanish and some Catalan (well, DS doesn't have any Catalan yet, but I'm sure he will by the end of the trip). I've just never been there with a kid and most people I know there are graduate students and single - not very connected with the kid scene.
Hello! Can anyone share some insights about living with a toddler in Spain? I'll be in Spain (Barcelona, specifically) for a month with my 2yr old this summer, and I'm feeling a bit in the dark about what to expect. Are there activities or playgroups for this age? Where might I look to find out about them? Are toddlers generally at home or in daycare? Is breastfeeding culture similar to the US or different? What is potty learning like/what's the norm or the...
Hello! Is there anyone out there living in Spain? Barcelona? I'll be living there for a month this summer while DH is involved in research, and while I've lived there before (1 year) now I have a 2yr old DS. Can anyone share a perspective on what life is like for toddlers in Spain? Parenting styles, expectations for little ones, activities ..... Any information would be helpful! TIA!
My LO had a level of 9 at one year. At least around here, it's not "officially" (in pediatrics) a concern until their level is 10 or greater. I know it's aweful to hear that your LO has ANY lead, but on the other hand they can still be happy and healthy at the level you mention. I'll second a PP's suggestion to make sure your LO has adequate iron. Handwashing before eating is also very effective. As for the house, old windows are a common lead hazard (create lead dust...
I may be completely reading this in to your post, but here's a thought: It sounds like the poops have become a point of conflict, since you describe the getting up, looking right at you, and pushing. If that's the case, it might help to do everything to convince him that he is /not/ doing something that pushes your buttons such that you can begin to work together again. Smile, cue him when he begins to push, talk about what a great job he's doing ... all while you gently...
Hi! I don't usually post over here, but I just wanted to share what we do: DP and I both speak spanish to our DS (2yrs), although we speak English to each other. His Spanish is slightly dominant right now, but overall we are very happy with his linguistic development. English is dominate outside the home, so we're not at all concerned about his English.
1. we gently changed night diapers 2. i don't think it matters much... if you're not changing the diapers, it would probably be nicer to feel dry, right? If you are changing, baby won't be wet for very long. it's good for babies to be able to feel/see/know what's going on in their bodies, but that doesn't mean that a negative experience (ie. yuk, wet pants) is neccessary for learning. 3. I am so with saphireclan!!! If you're happy with your night parenting, great. ...
A few quick thoughts: your baby's digestive system may just be adjusting to solids. i wouldn't worry too much about introducing water unless your DD doesn't have free access to nursing - I think the water to reduce constipation idea is generally to encourage drinking (and for those of us who aren't nursing, water is a great option). My DS has been on iron supplements for a while now; it's a balancing act between his nutrition and not getting him too stopped up! ...