or Connect

Posts by blackbird2

I would use diapers for the plane because you don't have continual and easy access to the restroom, ie if the line is long, if the seatbelt light is on, landing, food cart, etc. I would also be prepared for more misses than usual when you're staying in a new place - that's my experience. Have a great trip!
I think we waited until the 6 month appt to start. Then we did Hib at the regular appts, then pneumacocal, then one DTap (at the 1 yr appt) - then we moved .... Our thinking was that our LO's risk was very low: exclusive breastfeeding, no daycare, very limited exposure to other children ... also DH and my exposure to potentially sick people was pretty limited. We chose to vaccinate first for the two that first appear simply as a fever but could be very serious. I also...
We've nursed through all nighttime pees - meaning I nurse him while also holding him over a container/sitting him on the potty - for the same reason. He doesn't want to wake up fully, but if I don't let him pee it takes him longer to settle down (basically wakes himself back up over and over until he can't hold it anymore and pees whereever). That said, he also doesn't need to pee everytime he nurses at night, and that's where the communication/trial and error/reading...
I noticed the same thing with my LO. Wearing something (pants, undies, trainers) helped. maybe a skirt or long shirt would do the trick?
how old is your baby? maybe just celebrate that your baby can pee on cue. congratulate your older DD on being able to cue her and enjoy the fact of a sucessful communication. even if it feel like a step back for you, the shift in focus may help your daughter move away from that behavior. good luck
forget it and try again later? i have very little patience. i don't last longer than 20 minutes.
I've never pumped, so I don't know how much my LO is getting either. But here's my two cents: Your body is surely producing enough to meet your DD's demand for breastmilk as long as you are well-nourished and hydrated. I assume she's eating some solids? If you're concerned about her calcium intake you can always include some cheese, yogurt, chickpeas, almonds (sliced, ground, etc) in her other food choices. I find it really hard to pinpoint exactly how much of a...
nope, but i've heard that it's possible. that's two teeth that won't keep your LO up at night as they come in
I'm in a similar place with my 22month old. He seems to be going through a "velcro" stage both day and night, at least as regards nursing. Anyway. I'm not into the Jay Gordon method, and I think negotiation and communication is more important that consistency in dealing with tantrums/strong emotions. But, you can take his advice about just working on one part of the night at a time - for me, we're working on avoiding that first rousing to nurse. Also, I really...
definately not. diaper-free means I can see what's going on and keeps DS's skin healthier. it also means i'm relaxed/paying attention enough, and in the right place (physically), to not be stressed about misses or fed up about cleaning. misses happen. it's ok. (although it's a lot better when you stop having poop misses!) I agree with the PP. on the simplest level, diaper-free just means you don't use diapers, regardless of whatever stage you and your kid are...