or Connect

Posts by blackbird2

Yeah, I can relate.  My only advice is to try your very best not to care what they wear.  Pack or bring appropriate clothing if you suspect they'll be unhappy and uncomfortable.  It can be super frustrating, but ... so is arguing over clothing.   The other week DS walked half a block in a pair of my shoes because he was mom.  And he's been sleeping in fleece footed pjs for the last month although it is nowhere near cold.  I don't really let his extremes change what I...
Wow, I'm also totally appreciating this thread!  Such a relief to hear others describe normal 3 yr old behavior, in addition to seeing it IRL among DS's friends.  My trust in my own parenting really needs a boost right now after two aweful visits with my family:  my mom says DS is a tyrant because we're too permissive and tries to take over parenting for us - the best is when he's loosing it over something (crying from frustration, etc) and she tries to tell him "you...
I'm with Xerxella - sometimes there's just nothing to do but wait it out and help them navigate their emotions.  They've learned to be able to talk about what they want, but are still learning to cope with the answers.
  I have a newly 3 yrs old DS who is quite extroverted and outgoing.  He loves to interact with other people, both children and adults.  We've also emphasized communicating and listening a lot in our parenting.  For example as a toddler when he grabbed, pushed etc, we would say no to the inappropriate behavior, then suggest that he ask to see/use the toy, invite the other child to play, etc  We would encourage him to use his words and ask, even if his request wasn't...
Hey all, just DDCC with another recommendation for good bras.   I really like HotMilk for nursing bras - comfortable, supportive, non-underwire in a wide range of sizes   As for ordering online, I like Linda's Online.  They have very good fitting support, and won't try to sell you a bra in the wrong size just because they don't carry the size you need.   Having a well-fitting bra is SO IMPORTANT!
Just wanted to say thanks!  I really appreciate you comments and info  :)
DDCC ....I agree with everyone that laundry isn't a bit deal.  On the other hand, a diaper service is awefully nice.  It's also something that friends and relatives might chip in for as a gift to you and baby.  Consider adding it to your wish list and see how many weeks you get  :)
I don't hear much about folks using flats.... are they a good choice?   For DS we had a diaper service for the first 6 months (I think).  Baby 2 is arriving in September, and I'll need to cover those first months now since there's no service here.  Flats are seeming like a good option right now because - they dry quickly (I mostly have prefolds and a couple aios, and they definitely take longer than I'd like) - the origami fold doesn't seen that hard   Am I...
Is anyone else still getting PMS symptoms?  When AF returned after 20+months of nursing, I started having very powerful emotional PMS symptoms (along with a couple minor physical ones).  When I got pregnant, I was thought "phew!  at least I get a break from that for another couple of years!"  .... but no such luck.  For 4 cycles now I've continued to have the same symptoms, and it sucks.  I don't know what to do with myself.  Or how to make these few days each month...
I think I know what you're getting at, OP.  For me, it's not so much a question of what's being done, as an underlying attitude of "Let me just help you get things started/move things along" and "earlier is better" or "the sooner the better".  It can be hard to talk about because it's subtle.  We can all think of instances when the particular action in question might be warranted.  But that doesn't address the attitude with which it was done or offered, or simply what...