or Connect

Posts by BananaBreadGirl

Cord clamping and cutting (we prefer delayed in order for baby to get more iron).
Checking in here…21 weeks along and nursing my 2 year old (2 years plus about 2 months). I nursed my oldest through nearly all of my second pregnancy. Plan to let the current nurser decide whether or not to wean or tandem nurse. He nurses 2-4 times in 24 hours usually. Still making "milk" (it's white) but he says it tastes too spicy and he's been eating a lot more food so I know he's not getting a ton of milk.
I like the Moby Wrap (or another stretchy wrap, but mine is a Moby brand) best for little newborns. I would put it on before driving somewhere and pop the baby in when I got there. At home I would wear just a nursing tank underneath and it really didn't get too hot even though we live in a hot area. I also love the ring sling for any age. I do own a woven wrap (well, 2 actually…one thicker and one thinner), but it is homemade due to budget. I think it may not be as...
I'm 29 and expecting my 3rd baby around May 24th. First 2 babies took more than 40 weeks so a June baby is possible too! My 2 boys say that this one will be another boy. Or a baby duck.
The Steering Committee decided not to bring the matter to the members for a vote. Breast reconstruction surgery after cancer and circumcision of an non-consenting infant are radically different types of cosmetic procedures. One attempts to restore, one attempts to remove functional tissue. One is on a consenting adult, one is on a non-consenting infant. One is on an anesthetized individual, one is on an infant too small to safely be put under general anesthesia (a...
The PA at my son's 1-year well-child said I needed to wean (later revised that to "breastfeed for comfort, but you need to introduce cow's milk b/c it has the fat kids need to grow"). I called the office and asked who I should direct a concern/complaint to. They said the office manager, person in question, and head pediatrician. I also sent copies of my letter to the hospital patient advocate and also the CEO. I got a call apologizing for the faulty information I was...
It's a nation-wide organization. I'd rather not post directly on their Facebook wall or website prayer stream at this time, although I have been attempting to contact other members directly when I can find contact info.
I just got a response from the top guy that they are not going to put it on the ballot.   The other 2 main organizations of this type (Samaritan Ministries and Christian Healthcare Ministries) have a similar setup, so a simple switch of organizations wouldn't help me.
  I was surprised and disappointed to see that my Christian healthcare sharing organization (Christian Care Medi-Share) considers circumcision as eligible for sharing as part of maternity expenses. The organization doesn't share any cosmetic procedures, treatment for self-inflicted injuries, or preventative care (mammograms, etc.). So even if circumcision had a health benefit (I don't believe it does), it would be a...
My mom and my grandma both are breast-less (due to real medical problems...cancer). I could certainly survive and be healthy without my breasts. But I'm glad that no-one removed mine at birth to try to make me look like someone else, or to try to avoid medical problems (and I might add that breast cancer is a lot more likely and dangerous than any problems I've ever heard of with the foreskin). Sometimes it's helpful to think of how we make decisions about other body...