or Connect

Posts by aguacates

Cherylann, It sounds like he has the flu, could his achy legs just be the achy part of the flu? When I had the flu the week before X-mas, I was almost writhing in pain at times from the achiness in my legs/lower back. s, I totally do the same thing with imagining the worst when it comes to my kids. I hope he feels better soon!
Quote: Originally Posted by kerc homemade valentine cards here. We only have 10 in E's class. I bought blank white cards at Michael's, found some paper we could recycle, cut out some hearts and let erin go to town. Some are very plain, some are fancy. This is what we did, almost exactly. Except I cut heavy watercolor paper into rectangles(8/page), cut old seed catalogs(flowers) into hearts, and Zoe went to town w/glitter, sequins, glue, and...
geo, s, will be sending lots of good energy and strength towards a positive resolution to your ongoing issue. RR: ran 6 yesterday while watching baby shows on TLC, ranting away inside my head at it. I think it gave me extra energy. re married names...I'm sitting here giggling to myself because I didn't change my name for initial reasons. My name is A-B-S-, H's name is A-G-S-(the s is different) When we had kids I was willing to blend our names or change them...
Quote: Originally Posted by grnmtnmama one of my favorite quotes concerning the election this year came from Dian Von Furstenburg, the designer. someone had asked her of her opinion of Hillary, hoping to get some sort of reaction on Hillary's fashion sense. What she said was simply this, "I'm from Europe. We have had many women presidents there." bam. with that simple statement she said two important things, 1 - it doesn't matter what they wear and 2 -...
Megs, I do this to myself as well. I made some stupid mistakes on my og chem exam last week, things I totally know. in my defense, cell phones kept going off during test taking In the past, I think I did well by being smart, now I think I am doing okay because I am working really hard. Things change when you have kids. That said, being very very structured about my study habits helps. Quote: Originally Posted by tjsmama Thanks ladies! I'm trying...
Towsonmama, , sending many good thoughts in your direction!
Quote: Originally Posted by Geofizz Ug, eksmom, I hope they find the person responsible. Lofty, whose quote was that about knees? I'm struggling with me knees and ankles (ankles mostly) running on the treadmill. It's like it's changing my gait or something? My max distance seems to be about 3 miles on that thing before I give out. I'm fine for much longer distances on the road. Wendy, do you run w/the tm at an incline? I have found...
Quote: Originally Posted by eksmom I think it's the hit-and-run aspect that's weighing on my mind more than anything. I keep trying to put myself in that person's shoes and understand how it could have happened, how they could have driven off without stopping, how they could not turn themselves in once it was all over the news, etc. etc. Anyway, this morning they did a police checkpoint on that street from 5-6 AM and apparently there's a vehicle of...
Quote: Originally Posted by HollysMom Just wanted to let you all know we had our third baby girl yesterday (February 3) at 3:28am. She weighed 7 pounds 7 ounces. She doesn't have a name yet, but she is beautiful and healthy! I'll post more later you guys! Congratulations! And I must say that February 3rd has always been a fabulous day on which to have a birthday!
Katemom, sounds like a good race! Thank you all for the birthday and race well wishes! My 10-miler was great! Awesome weather for Feb. in Maine. The course was hilly, weaving through the salt marshes. The first 5 miles I averaged slightly over a 10 min/mi pace, and the last five miles slightly under, with miles 9 and 10 being the fastest. I finished just shy of 100 minutes. I feel really good, my goals were to run at a 10 min/mi pace and finish feeling strong,...