or Connect

Posts by mrsfrenchy

I had homebirths with #1 and #2.  With #1, my active labor was about 7 hours--that includes nearly 3 of that being pushing b/c she had a nuchal hand.  With #2 (only 18 months after the first birth), my midwife "induced" me by breaking my water (i was 10 days overdue).  Active labor started right away and lasted a little less than 3hrs. This time, I'm not sure we're up for a homebirth.  If we decide not to do a homebirth, there are 2 birth centers, an hour and half from my...
I'm a mom of a 5 year old and a 4 year old and I've been in a relationship with my DP for almost 2 years.    We don't currently live together for geographical reasons but spend 3-10 days per month in the same place, often with the kids. I'm sure that being geographically separated gives our sex drives a bit of a boost, but we've always been pretty active in the bedroom (even when we spent several months in the same city).  We're getting married and moving in together this...
Thanks, Kathy.    Part of this post is just my curiosity and part of it is still just me searching for answers.  ...I'll get there eventually, I suppose.    
what would you do with your life--that you feel you can't do right now because of your commitments to your family?    This is a weird question, I know.  I'm just wondering what dreams people have that the choose not to pursue because they have a family.   One of mine, at least, is that I would be more apt to get involved with movements with which I agree, in spite of the fact that it might be risky or even dangerous (take the Occupy Wall Street movement for...
3.5 and 2
I've been dealing with some issues lately and in counseling lately.  The short story is that I feel like I got married and started a family way too soon (both of which I would NOT do if I had it to do over again).  I wish I had "sewed my wild oats" a bit more, as well as explore other life paths than the one I'm currently on.  I also which I had done some adventurous stuff that I don't feel like I can do now (like hike the Appalachian trail, do non-profit work abroad,...
I'd like to hear from people who were planning on homeschooling, but ended up sending their kids to a tradtional school (public or private) by choice.  I'm really just looking for general BTDT experiences, but for some perspective, we've always planned on homeschooling (while both parents work FT or close to it).  Our nearby public schools are crappy and there are no charters.  But weve recently began to consider a local private school.  DH and I had opposite experiences...
To those who can't tell a difference:   The color differences are just referring to the background of the actual message bodies.  The MDC header and such is staying the same.   Look at the actual post and you will notice subtle color changes.  
My SIL has recently be diagnosed with schizophrenia and was discovered to have a fairly significant drug habit.  Her boyfriend is in jail and she is living with my ILs (and was living there before her brief stay in a short-term in patient mental health facility as well).  The drs at the mental health facility prescribed several different types of psychotherapy (individual and group counseling) and prescribed some medications but said she didn't need to do a long...
  You're exactly correct.  I mean, I know that I would say yes.  I just feel weird about it.  And I'm mostly concerned about follow up questions.   I like tinuviel_k 's answer though!