or Connect

Posts by Kerimommyof2

We Travel ALL the time since we have become a "Roadschooling" family! We have bee homeschooling over 7 yrs, but started Roadschooling a little over a year ago. I just love that Homeschooling gives us the flexibility to include lots and lots of traveling. Our recent and favorite trip was Orlando, Florida. Yes! It was a Disney Vaca and we enjoyed all 4 parks very much! Of course my most favorite educational place we have went to was a trip to the Jacksonville Beach. Kids...
Welcome :)  I can relate to wanting and needing something "Laid back & flexible"  This is why we use Time4Learning as it allows your child to work at their own pace . We also use spellingcity and Story of the world ..   HTH
Hi , I home-school as well ,My daughter is 8 yrs and my son is 3 1/2yrs. I dont work full time but ,I do work part time at the moment .My husband is recently disabled so I guess in away I do work full time . I can tell you from experience the easiest way to go is using a "online" program . The one we use is very simple to navigate ,It also grades and record keeps which is a must for us .What I like is that my daughter can easily get on the computer and get started on...
Hi Ladies..... Well i am very depressed ,..I have noticed over the last few months my supply has started to go down & the last few weeks it seems like there is only a lil bit in each boob and whats worst is after a few minutes of him nursing it will start hurting,because i dont have enough milk... My son is 3 yrs & 5 months so i know that he is old enough to wean ( same age my dd weaned) but he is not liking this idea.. Today he wanted to nurse and i knew i was...
Thank you all so much for your advice...I am going to check out the sites,but I am thinking that maybe backing off for a while might be the best option.... Just focus on her other studies for awhile....
My dd who 8 yrs old is driving me crazy the problem is Math !!! I will sit there explain it to her..she will look at me with vacant eyes....as if she is saying Duh!!! ill ask if she gets it...she will start stuttering trying to stall..then i get mad...have to get on to her cause she is not paying att... then finally after tears..some times mine ,sometimes hers..she will straitenup and pay att and actually learn and answer questions Correctly.. its a visous...
Thanks for the supportive words I guess i am just feel a bit guilty for letting her schooling slide this yr because of family stress..... anyways thank you all for the help ..much appriciated
Curious .... What did your 2nd grader learn this year & what curriculum did you use? & what are you planning to use for 3rd?
wow! my dd of course has done tons of readers ... but as far as math.. she learned clocks,measuring,add & sub up to triple digits she has done some fractions ,money thou i havnt completed her whole 2nd yr yet for our online program.. this last yr has been rough (dh was in a accident ) and i havnt been doing like i should iwill admit i school year round so i know she can catch up.... but i am a bit worried because her evaluation is coming up and i dont think...
mooninmama ...can i ask what in math and lang did your kids learn?