or Connect

Posts by gromero

This is my first and last year using Cava. I personally really enjoy the curriculum, as do the kids, it's the admin side of it I can't deal with. I have 3 kids enrolled, and even with streamlining the lessons, doing study island, elluminates, etc...it is just too much, period. We recently moved and just keeping up with their school load, packing and moving and unpacking....it was so incredibly stressful...I finally gave up, took 2 weeks off but just marked them as...
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...4&id=779575606 http://www.facebook.com/#/photo.php?...3&id=779575606 This is from my yds, he was my biggest 9 lbs 12 oz and 22 in. with a 16 in. head. (I've also had a few other 9 pounders but only have these pics on my computer) The first one is about a month and a half before I had him, the bottom one is about 2 weeks before I had him. I *knew* he was going to be big. Like other mamas mentioned, my belly just felt...
Quote: Originally Posted by GinaRae Interesting... there is SO MUCH reading (stories and novels) in 3rd grade. SO MUCH. Add on the reading he does for science, art and history and he's overwhelmed. This is a kid with no reading problems either. YES YES YES!!!! My 3rd grader DOES have reading problems and overwhelming doesn't even begin to describe where we are with it. I brought it up with his with our teacher and all I got was more...
Quote: Originally Posted by GinaRae Gina, My son is in 3rd grade and we started in early October - I was overwhelmed with JUST ONE, so I really feel for you! I am learning where I can drop lessons or activities and it's easing up. You really only have to show work a few times a year to prove you're doing the exact curriculum, so you have some flexibility and the ability to combine your 2nd and 3rd graders. I would take a big step back and have...
Quote: Originally Posted by lovinlife1219 What is an F2F meeting? Face to Face meeting....the way she explained it is we meet once quartly, where I have to bring in examples of their work in each subject and theri pe log.
Quote: Originally Posted by eclipse gromero~ A thought for you - I've heard it said that with CAVA, if you have students that are close in grade level, you can put both students in the same grade level for the elective classes (science/history/art/music). This might be a way to get some "easier" work for your 3rd grader and save some time by doubling up on those subjects and teaching both kids. Also, you might want to join the CAVA yahoo group,...
Hi mamas, I am hoping I can get some advice from you about the k12 program. I have been using it since the middle of september with my kids and I am getting fairly frustrated with it. August is in 3rd grade, Brandon in 2nd grade and Savannah in Kinder. I am honestly feeling incredibly overwhelmed. All 3 of them need me to sit and do work with them and it is just taking forever to get everyone done for the day. What are you guys doing that have 3 or more kids...
My youngest ds had a HUUUUGE head when he was born. He weigned 9lbs 12 oz, and his head measured 16.5 inches. Both his head and shoulders got stuck and I had a 4th degree tear from him. He also had a fracture in his clavical that healed on its own, from when his shoulders were stuck. I don't remember his chest size though, sorry. My other babies had average sized heads thoguh, thankfully, lol. My youngest still can't wear regular tshirts since I can't fit them...
I think I might be joining you guys. I had signed my kids up with Sky Mountain Charter School back in May, going through the entire process and being told we got in and then not hearing anything for the entire month of August, with unreturned phone calls, I finally talk to someone the other day and find out we did NOT get in and we are on a waiting list. : So now I am scrambling to find another program we can use and it is looking like K12 will be it. Right now I...
I just found out I am pregnant with #5. While I am happy about this baby, I am scared out of my mind. My delivery with last son was very difficult where I would up hemorrhaging and needed several blood transfusions. Due to some problems with my nightmare of a midwife, I wound up switching to an OB at 39 weeks. I let them induce me at a little over 40 weeks because I had a high fever that we couldn't get down. Long story short, I pushed ds out but both his head and...