or Connect

Posts by gromero

I could not believe the way Spencer talked to Heidi's mom either. I don't care if he is acting or not, that should have never happened. I do not believe for a second that Heidi's mom went along with the act...I just can't. The emotions displayed across her face were too raw, too real for me to believe otherwise. This is what I think has happened......Heidi was some how some way pulled into this relationship with Spencer. Then all that drama went down with her and...
Ds is in 1st grade and for 45-60 mins a day, he goes to what they call a "challenge" class. It is for the kids who are a bit more advanced in the regular classroom. On one hand, he is really enjoying the extra work that he is getting, but he is a perfectionist, so it takes him awhile to get his work done in class. I guess the teacher has been telling him he needs to work faster and this is really stressing him out. For him, his writing (or anything and everything he...
Thanks so much Mama's. MuslimMama....I too am a type of person that believes that everything happens for a reason, but I somehow forget that when it comes to his birth, so thank you for reminding me!
I am so glad to have found this forum. I had my son in October of 2007, and I have not worked through all of my feelings yet from his birth, so I think maybe it is time to get write it all out. I was pregnant with my 4th child, and this was my first time using a midwife. Dh was/is very mainstream, so he was not as supporative of using a birth center as I would have liked him to have been, but he went along with it because he knew how important it was to me. My...
I don't bring cash with me, I use my debit card, but still the same concept. I make out a groccery list for that week (I shop once a week), and write the price of each item next to it. I also make my list by aisle, and that helps out a lot. I round up the nearest dollar with each item, and by doing this, I have never once been over my budget. We usually allow $150-200/week for food. I don't use a caculator, I just make tally's on my list in $5 increments, $20 on...
New here, but I have been doing menu planning for awhile with my family. I don't know if eveyone just post what they do for dinner, but I plan out breakfast too for the week, so I will post that as well. 27-breakfast~blueberry muffins, fresh fruit, and fresh OJ dinner~BBQ at my parents house....burgers, hot dogs, salads,etc. 28-breakfast~french toast topped with strawberrys and sausage dinner~cornbread topped bourbon bbq chicken with green...
I love this show too!! I don't know about Speidi......their public persona does not match up with what we see on the show. There is always pictures of them out and about and seem happy, but on the show, they are always fighting and something major is going on with their relationship. I do believe that the majority of what we see is an act by them....they know that the public WANTS to see drama from them, so they feed it to us. But at the same time Spencer is just...
I really enjoyed Plain Truth by Jodi Picoult...I just finished it about two weeks ago. I also third the Glass Castle!
I am in almost the same situation as you mama. My dss is almost 7, and he has lived with us since he was 2. His mom kidnapped him when he was 1 1/2, so dh had to go to court to fight and get his son back. She has a total of 5 kids, but only has custody of the twin babies she had 10 months ago (though she just got custody back...she didn't have them for 4 months). She perfers boyfriends, drinking, etc. to her own kids. She only calls once or twice a month and asks...
Her name is Christy, I think. She also posts on another board that I belong to, and a few months ago, she posted a quick update with a few pictures. Beautiful family! There was another mom that posts on my other board as well.....the one where the daughters helped plan a ceremony for the parents to renew their vows in the garden/yard.