or Connect

Posts by gromero

What a great thread...you really do learn something new every day on MDC. I was told by my chiro when I was about 16 that I had spinda bifida occulta. I had been suffering with some sever lower back pain, which is how we found out. Now...my 16 month old ds, he has a sacral dimple with a slight little tuft of hair. We are also having issues with his eating solids right now. He is still 100% ebf. He wants to eat solids, but he can't. He starts to choking with...
If you don't mind me asking, what speficially is it that makes you feel unsafe about cosleeping? If done correctly, cosleeping is very safe for you and your lo. Maybe if you tell us, some of us seasoned cosleeping mamas can help ease your fears a bit, and you can get some (hopefully) well deserved rest and peace of mind.
Quote: Originally Posted by scroyce hi gina, yeah i breastfeed 95% of the time and supplement with formula when needed. i always breastfeed her at night before bed and if she wakes. mil coming end of april to let my hubby and i go away for the first time since the baby was born. Maybe I am missing it, but are you going to be gone over night, or just for a few hours in the evening? And ditto what Angela said.
Ditto the sheepskin on the floor!! My dd has one of those little kid couches that open up into a little bed and ds has been sleeping there as well. It's actually his favorite place to be, he will drag a pillow and his blankie over there for nuggle time. I usually lay down with him at nap time and nurse him to sleep. We've been doing since he was about 6 months.
Are you breast feeding? When you mil is coming over to stay the night, are you going to be gone for the night also and mil will be watching your dd? If not, then don't worry about it! The issues your family has with cosleeping is exactly that...THEIR issues, not yours. Your mama instincts are telling you to bring her to bed for a reason...follow them. Babies spent 9 months in your womb, all bundled up, hearing mamas voice and mamas heart beating day and night. To...
I live out by Riverside and I remember seeing a few places in our local moms magazine that advertized for hourly childcare. I don't know exactly where in Riverside you will be (the city or the county) but in Corona there is kidspark.com, they do hourly. I have a coupon for free registration if you would like it, pm and I will get it to you. I also know you don't know me from Adam and Eve, but I am a sahm and I homeschool my kids (and we don't vax either ), so if...
#6 The Sleeping Beauty Proposal by Sarah Strohmeyer Very cute, light and fluffy....exactly what I needed after reading some emotionally heavy books. January 1. The Kite Runner (Khaled Housseini) 2. A 1000 Splendid Suns (Khaled Housseini) 3. Sarah's Key (Tatiani De Rosnay) 4. Stolen Innocence by Elissa Wall with Lisa Pulitzer February 5. Change Of Heart (Jodi Picoult) 6. The Sleeping Beauty Proposal by Sarah Strohmeyer
I went to a party when I was 17 and was raped by a guy I knew there. I woke up in the morning in a haze in a bedroom naked, with no memory of the night before. My son is the result of that night. Not once did I want to abort...although I had lots of bleeding for a few months and was on bed rest, and part of me was 100% okay with the fact I might miscarry. I wound up having a few other problems, but my son fought like crazy to survive and I felt if my baby was...
David Hasseloff, Jermey Jackson and Pam Anderson. I was at the beach with my Dad and they were filming that day. They let us stick around under the pier with them for a little while and my sister and I hung out with the Hoff in the water a little bit to take a picture, when a wave swept my sister and I off our feet (we were like liiiiitttle....maybe 6-9 years old, I don't remember for sure). Anyways, David Hasseloff grabbed our arms and "rescued" us. Lol, we always...
Ugh, last nights episode was not fun to watch. I just sat there thinking there are soooooooo many fun things he could have done with the kids during the walk in the woods!! I mean, really....what 4 (or are they 5) year olds just want to walk through it? Make up a story, pretend they are looking for faries so on and so on. What was up with Jon and the sticks? My kids always have a collection of sticks, each and every one is special to them, I couldn't imagine...