or Connect

Posts by trancechylde

Hippy- your daughter is GORGEOUS! Can I jump in and do a little thread-jacking to show off a pic of my son at 34 weeks?? here he is Sorry, couldn't resist! Anyone else??
Quote: Originally Posted by geekgolightly No such thing as treatable conditions? Are you using hyperbole? She mention heart/lung issues in her post, having a team on standby right there in the room. Not giving birth at home or in a level II (or community) hospital, instead opting to travel maybe hundreds of miles to a Level I trauma center, with a level III NICU or better yet near a major children's hospital. This ABSOLUTELY can save...
Quote: Well, like I said in my post, I have had u/s in this pregnancy. Specifically looking for congenital heart defects. Because I have been in that position. I have been the mama who was expecting sunshine and roses and walked into a 20 week u/s alone, and walked out devastated, calling my husband in tears at work to come home RIGHT NOW. Sorry you had this experience, Mama. I can't imagine. This is a great thread- I love seeing how everyone...
There is a thread about ultrasounds a little further down the page; there are some interesting points of view from both angles (okay with/not okay with scans). I personally would not go for a 30 min 3D scan just to see the baby, but I AM comfortable with 2-3 diagnostic scans spread over the 40something weeks of a pregnancy. Where I currently live, they normally switch over to 3D/4D after all the measuring etc is done for a very brief look at the baby and I am okay with...
2-3 average
I didn't find out with DS and we didn't plan to this time either. I repeatedly told my DH and the tech that I did NOT WANT TO KNOW> Midway through the scan, DH shouts out "IT'S A BOY!" and the tech shouts "YES, YOU'RE RIGHT!" - I burst into tears. I was devastated; not that it was another boy, that they had both disrespected my wishes so blatantly. I "mourned" my delivery room surprise for quite a few days. Now, if I'm completely honest; I'm GLAD it happened...
I just wanted to say I was inspired by this thread yesterday and decided to tackle the "area". After much toilet-squatting, grunting, twisting and contorting, I must say I am quite pleased with the end results I started off with the scissors, followed up with a sharp disposable razor, and I look and feel like a new woman! I live in a hot hot HOT climate and I am so glad I did it (and so is DH ) Thanks ladies!
My DH is normally DELIGHTED when I let one rip (not very often) I also sit there blushing and stammering while he roars with laughter at my discomfort. He's passed his love of tooting on to our 18mo, who looks mighty pleased with himself after squeezing one out. Normally at the dinner table too. Sigh. And I have ANOTHER boy on the way. I'm surrounded.
Quote: The research shows that there is no benefit to routine u/s. What about the early discovery of treatable conditions? Emergency teams on standby at delivery for certain life/death situations (heart/lung issues)? The rare but unfortunate times where c-secs ARE neccesary (complete plancenta previa comes to mind)? You really don't think there's any benefit to knowing these things beforehand? These things that usually are found during routine...
i had a emergency c-section the first time around and was able to lift my son in and out of the bassinet quite easily by having it pushed right up against the bed. I did all changing, feeding etc by myself and most of the time he was snuggled up with me in the bed... I think you should try and focus on the positives Mama or at least not dwell on this very managable issue and let it ruin the birth experience for you! Sorry I don't mean to sound trite, it just seems to...