or Connect

Posts by trancechylde

I wouldn't choose it myself to be honest, but I don't think it's weird- just unusual, and the book reference is great. You'd have to consider nicknames like Atty/Atti though?
Quote: Originally Posted by fazer6 I've been trying to figure out how Basil would be pronounced wrong, till someone mentioned how you pronounce the herb! Personally I like Oliver and Ethan so I would go for Ethan Oliver or Oliver Ethan. I'm not a fan of Basil because of a TV programme over here from a long time ago. Why not wait till you meet the little one and see which fits. Are you thinking of Fawlty Towers??? That's the FIRST thing that...
Quote: Originally Posted by thismama Grossest derail ever. Yep am pregnant and actually starting to feel a little queasy. urp.
Quote: Originally Posted by Storm Bride If it's supposed to be a support thread, why are you using it to decide the motives of women you don't even know, and decide that we don't even know why we do what we do, "even if we think so"? Arrogant and insulting. My only problem with women who don't shave is that too many of them make nasty, superior-minded assumptions about why other women (including me) do. If you want support, get support - but insulting...
Quote: Originally Posted by suzywan IMO hitting, pinching, biting etc and not giving a d@mn is typical for this age. Empathy is a developmental milestone that they just haven't hit yet, and probably won't for a while. Two years old is still very young and these kids are probably reacting to the impending arrival of siblings. Have some compassion for your children. Wow, I didn't pick up that they didn't have compassion for their children I...
Quote: Originally Posted by MusicianDad Personally I don't see what good can come from a statement like that. If you can either do it or not do, instead of try to do it and accept failure as a possible outcome then what is the use of doing something you don't know if you can do? I didn't just sit down at the piano one day and start playing. I tried and failed many times. What kept me at it was knowing that the more I try, even if I fail, the better I...
Great post Preggie :
I also had one in early pregnancy, also with no spotting or bleeding. I was put on pelvic rest and told not to excercise and it resolved itself with no issues.
If he isn't much into solids yet (my son was the same at 13 months), I would definately try goats milk or formula. Just a word of warning though- we suspect my LO has a dairy intolerance- his eczema flares up and it also affects his bowels. We tried goats milk yoghurt and cheese the other day and he had the WORST reaction I've seen yet. His skin came up red and itchy and angry, his bowels turned to putrid liquid and he had the worst nappy rash I have ever seen. I...
We brush his teeth in the bath. I am normally in the tub with him and DH is sitting in the bathroom with us brushing HIS teeth. It seems to help to have one of us doing our teeth at the same time. I brush first, being as quick as I can, then he gets a turn. We go back and forth. If he's REALLY not in the mood, I don't push it. I don't want it to turn into a power struggle because generally he's pretty good about it. Sometimes he likes to use a BIG toothbrush...