or Connect

Posts by chickenfeet

Thanks for your reply, NewMa!  I definitely don't have hard feelings toward my neighbor.  Staying at home with kids (especially other people's kids) is one of the most challenging jobs I can imagine, and I'm grateful she was there when I needed her.  That said, I think my daughter needs more than she can give.  I'm struggling with guilt about leaving her at all during the day, and now I have the added guilt of not socializing her earlier to avoid some of these issues!  I...
Thanks so much for your replies!  My instinct is that she's bored and frustrated, and I agree that she would do better at a structured daycare facility.  She might also be having problems with the other girl having her mom while she misses me, as butterfly_mommy mentioned.  Another nagging thought in the back of my mind is that my neighbor might be in momma bear mode, getting hypersensitive to every little exchange between the girls and coming down hard on her DD's...
Hi, I'm having the hardest time with my daughter (only child) who will be 4 in May.  I have been a SAHM since her birth, and last month took a job working 3 days a week.  She is staying with my neighbor, who watches several kids in her home.  Before I went back to work, we had playdates with my DD and her DD who is about 6 months younger.  They got along well.  Now, I get daily reports of mine physically attacking hers, sometimes with 4 or 5 major incidents a day.  These...
Then this is out of my league! I've run the gamut with food sensitivity, but dealt with more bloody stools than green. Hope you get some answers for your LO!
Green can be a sign of dairy sensitivity. Could the struggling beforehand be gas? If so, that might be another dairy problem. Does she usually have so many BMs?
DD turned 1 last week, and one of her favorite presents was a bucket swing (kind of rubbery, like the ones at the park). I don't think it was all that cheap, however; $50 or so on amazon. She also loves board books. I've seen some really neat wooden ones that I wouldn't mind her having. We didn't get her anything. With three sets of first-time grandparents, we're drowning in stuff. I did find a great antique vanity table at a yard sale that I'm fixing up for her...
I totally could've written your post. Luckily I'm not asked to babysit that often, but dh is a teacher and with summer upon us I'm not sharing our family time with anyone else's children! As most PPs have said, you shouldn't feel guilty for wanting to do something besides watch her child. I finally got the courage to say no, although my conversations with her are still filled with lame excuses (dh pointed out that my last one involved having the electricity & water...
I'm terrible at confrontation, so I don't think I would've said anything at the appointment, or that I would file a complaint either. Sounds like it wouldn't matter to them if you did anyway. I'm sorry you were made to feel bad, defensive, or anything else about trying to care for your child in the best possible way. I'm going through this (on a much smaller scale), and I really hate how they try to make me feel like I don't know what I'm doing. Good luck in your...
I'm bringing this up again because I need help! Got a call tonight from a mama I meet with regularly so our girls can play. Her first question was 'how does your tomorrow look?' My answer, thinking she's talking about an hour together with the girls: 'great, I've got nothing on the schedule.' Of course she wants me to sit for her, and I've just blown it. Aaah. She doesn't do this often, and it is an emergency, but I just don't want to watch anyone else's kiddo. ...
It may be, but it could take a long time before you actually see anything. My dd cut her first two teeth at 3.5 mos. Bottom front ones came in together. She'd been rosy cheeked and cranky for weeks.